Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Sense of Dread

***It makes me sick what the GOP is about to do. I'm not sure the Trump Train can be stopped. We are committing political suicide, and I have no doubt the Democrats are having a grand time watching us do it. I hope and pray I'm wrong and I wake up tomorrow to see that Cruz won several states today.

***"Free the Tampons." Okay, I've heard it all now.

Now a growing number of advocates, entrepreneurs and female lawmakers are challenging the taboo, talking about menstruation publicly (and, yes, in mixed company). They want periods put squarely on the public agenda, and are demanding that businesses and government take menstruation into consideration when they design facilities, develop budgets, supply schools or create anti-poverty programs. And they want tampons in every public restroom. And they want them to be free.

Unbelievable. First there was the suckling baby controversy - why, "I'm nursing and I'm proud of it. Look! Here's my boobs!"  It's not that we think you should be ashamed of nursing your baby, that's great. It's a modesty issue. Would it really hurt to put a towel or blanket over your breast and baby? Oops, I digress. This whole thing of being proud of natural bodily functions is just...weird. It's like saying you're proud to be gay. Why? I'm not "proud" to be straight, I just am. It's just more "in your face" behavior, and frankly I'm sick of it.

***
funny pictures (21)


***Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.
Mark Twain
 

No comments:

Post a Comment