Saturday, March 19, 2016

Pointing Out Hypocrisy

***Saw this at Instapundit:

Salon tweets, “The gangster candidate: Trump & his supporters behave like the mafia, with veiled threats and acting above the law.” But as Twitchy notes, “That’s rich, coming from Salon. When radicals rioted in Ferguson and Baltimore in response to the deaths of Michael Brown and Freddie Gray, this was their headline: ‘Violent protesters are right: Smashing police cars a legitimate political strategy.’”

Unfortunately, that kind of doublethink is the norm in the left-leaning media and blogosphere. By the way, I wonder if Salon approves of the mob blocking traffic today? Rank hypocrites.

***More college crybabies:

At colleges across the country, student protesters have been complaining about the names of buildings and demanding that their schools change those names.
At Lebanon Valley College, students demanded the school change the name of the “Lynch Memorial Hall” because it included the word “lynch.” At Stanford, students want the name of Father Junipero Serra removed from buildings and streets because he played a role in assimilating — and apparently exploiting — Native Americans. Harvard Law students succeeded this month in removing the unofficial school seal because it bore the family crest of Isaac Royall Jr., a donor who made his money from the slave trade. At Yale (notice how many of these alleged hotbeds of racism are Ivy League schools), students demanded renaming a residential college because it was named after John C. Calhoun, a defender of slavery.
UC Berkeley perhaps had one of the most mind-numbing demands. Protesters wanted to rename Barrows Hall after Black Panther member Assata Shakur, who was convicted for the murder of a New Jersey state trooper and multiple other felonies. Barrows Hall was named for former UC Berkeley President David Barrows, who protesters claimed perpetuated American colonialism. To replace this alleged menace, the protesters wanted the building named after a murderer who escaped from prison and fled to Cuba.
So while protesters claimed to despise terrible people who advocated for the murder and mistreatment of others, they demanded the school honor someone who advocated for the murder and mistreatment of others.

What are these poor little dears gonna do when they get out into the real world? Oh, right. Become journalists or Democrat lobbyists.

***Wanted to go and shoot my new .22 Magnum revolver today, but we have to go to the outdoor range with it because they don't allow Magnums at the indoor range. Weather looks like it's gonna be pretty cruddy today, so probably won't be able to. Rats.

***
funny (13)


***After three year wait, couple finally adopt two boys from the Congo. Great story!

It was an emotional meeting the first time Jennifer and James Grover finally embraced their new sons — more than three years after they adopted the pair of Congolese boys.
Seven-year-old Bronson is a blur as he runs from the airport gate into his mother’s arms and 14-year-old Joseph isn’t far behind giving his new dad a big hug.
Even though the boys officially had been adopted in 2012 after looking at photos, they weren’t allowed to come to the U.S. from the Democratic Republic of the Congo because of bureaucratic red tape on both sides of the ocean.
Not sure why they have to make it so hard to adopt foreign children. So glad for these boys!

***



***

I Can't Remember

by Anonymous


Just a line to say I'm living
that I'm not among the dead,
Though I'm getting more forgetful
and mixed up in my head

I got used to my arthritis
to my dentures I'm resigned,
I can manage my bifocals
but God, I miss my mind

For sometimes I can't remember
when I stand at the foot of the stairs,
If I must go up for something
or have I just come down from there?

And before the fridge so often
my poor mind is filled with doubt,
Have I just put food away, or
have I come to take some out?

And there's a time when it is dark
with my nightcap on my head,
I don't know if I'm retiring, or
just getting out of bed

So, if it's my turn to write you
there's no need for getting sore,
I may think I have written
and don't want to be a bore

So, remember that I love you
and wish that you were near,
But now it's nearly mail time
So I must say goodbye, dear

There I stand beside the mail box
with a face so very red,
Instead of mailing you my letter
I opened it instead

***As each day comes to us refreshed and anew, so does my gratitude renew itself daily. The breaking of the sun over the horizon is my grateful heart dawning upon a blessed world. ~Terri Guillemets


No comments:

Post a Comment