Saturday, February 13, 2016

NRA Certified!

***Well, we will be next week. We are taking an NRA Pistol Class today and next week, 4 hours each session. Very good instruction, we are really enjoying it. I'm not very familiar with semi-automatic weapons, and the instructors are very patient and knowledgeable. We are familiarizing ourselves with several different types and calibers of pistols, and will know how to use all of them by the end of the class. I will definitely be carrying my .38 all the time after next week's session, which will be mostly shooting the different pistols at the range. Really looking forward to next week.

***84 more Clinton emails now deemed classified. Tell me again why she is walking around free, and running for President of the United States? What a travesty!


The State Department on Saturday released more emails from the private server that Hillary Clinton used when secretary of state, including 84 that have now been marked as “classified.”
The agency released 551 pages of emails, as part of a federal court order for officials to comply with a freedom of information act request for the official correspondence.
Clinton, a Democratic candidate in the 2016 Democratic primary race to become president, has denied any wrong-doing. However, her use of the private server and email accounts, from 2011 to 2013, is being investigated by the FBI.
This administration's Justice Department is not going to do anything about this, we all know it. Were she a Republican she'd already be in jail.

***Madeleine Albright is backpedaling on her stupid statement. Dementia is an ugly thing.

I HAVE spent much of my career as a diplomat. It is an occupation in which words and context matter a great deal. So one might assume I know better than to tell a large number of women to go to hell.
But last Saturday, in the excitement of a campaign event for Hillary Clinton in New Hampshire, that is essentially what I did, when I delivered a line I have uttered a thousand times to applause, nodding heads and laughter: “There’s a special place in hell for women who don’t help each other.” It is a phrase I first used almost 25 years ago, when I was the United States ambassador to the United Nations and worked closely with the six other female U.N. ambassadors. But this time, to my surprise, it went viral.

Too late, you old heifer. You showed your true colors.

***"Deafening silence." Yup.


A Fargo police officer fatally shot responding to a routine domestic disturbance call. A 25-year police veteran killed while trying to serve a warrant outside Atlanta. These are just the latest tragedies of cops murdered while performing their sworn duty -- "to protect and serve."
But while President Obama and the Democratic candidates vying to succeed him are putting America's police departments on trial in the court of public opinion in response to a rash of deadly police shootings, the murder of police officers on America's streets is being met with a “deafening silence.”

Chaos is exactly what they want.

***
funny (11)

***

To My Valentine

More than a catbird hates a cat,
Or a criminal hates a clue,
Or the Axis hates the United States,
That's how much I love you.

I love you more than a duck can swim,
And more than a grapefruit squirts,
I love you more than a gin rummy is a bore,
And more than a toothache hurts.

As a shipwrecked sailor hates the sea,
Or a juggler hates a shove,
As a hostess detests unexpected guests,
That's how much you I love.

I love you more than a wasp can sting,
And more than the subway jerks,
I love you as much as a beggar needs a crutch,
And more than a hangnail irks.

I swear to you by the stars above,
And below, if such there be,
As the High Court loathes perjurious oathes,
That's how you're loved by me.

Ogden Nash

***

No comments:

Post a Comment