Sunday, February 21, 2016

Disappointed

***Well, anyone who knows me knows why I'm disappointed today, it's because of Trump's win in SC. I thought more conservatives would see through him by now. My biggest concern? He is in favor of single payer health care - that's socialized health care. He says he hates Obamacare because he knows that's what conservatives want to hear - but in the next breath he says he is in favor of single payer. That's Obamacare, people. Same thing. He's certainly not going to be in any hurry to do anything about it, no matter what he's telling people. I was hoping after the last debate in which he was saying how wonderful Planned Parenthood is, those who are so gung ho for him would maybe start taking a closer look - beyond his bluster and bravado and look into the man himself. I'm beginning to fear that's not going to happen in time, and we are going to squander a great chance to elect a constitutional conservative. Ted Cruz is the best choice now, followed closely by Marco Rubio. It's amazing that the same people who overlook Trump's glaring inconsistencies will attack Cruz and Rubio for one or two positions they disagree with. They'll defend Trump with something like, "I know he's not perfect," or "There is no perfect candidate," but will not give Cruz or Rubio, who certainly have more solid conservative credentials, the same benefit of the doubt. It reminds me of Obama's followers. They refused to see his glaring imperfections, and look what it got us. It sickens me to see us throw perhaps our last opportunity to turn this country around down the drain.

And that's my two cents for today.

***On a lighter note, Mark & I finished our NRA pistol course yesterday. Great course, I highly recommend it. I feel much more comfortable with my gun now. It's a .38 revolver. I am going to look for a .22, though, as I am much more accurate with those. I know they don't have the stopping power of a .38, but again, I am much more accurate when shooting them. I will practice more with the .38, though. Who knows, I may change my mind.

***
funny pictures (57)


***Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Day?

Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day ?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate:
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
And summer’s lease hath all too short a date:
Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines,
And often is his gold complexion dimmed,
And every fair from fair sometime declines,
By chance, or nature’s changing course untrimmed;
But thy eternal summer shall not fade,
Nor lose possession of that fair thou ow’st,
Nor shall death brag thou wand’rest in his shade,
When in eternal lines to time thou grow’st;
So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.
~William Shakespeare

***You gotta be kidding me...
Lock of John Lennon's hair fetches $35,000 at auction.

***
 
***
 

No comments:

Post a Comment