Friday, February 26, 2016

Amazing Grace

***I love the Chris Tomlin version of Amazing Grace (My Chains are Gone). I read a critique of contemporary Christian music recently, there seems to be a lot of those these days. I'll admit that there are watered down, meaningless lyrics out there, but as I've said before, all hymns aren't doctrinally sound either. The biggest gripe I have with the new Christian music lately is that musically so many of them are uninteresting. However, I don't put down the whole genre just because there are some not so great songs. You can say that about any genre. The critique I heard of Tomlin's version was really weak, like the author just had to find something bad to say about it. He didn't like the add-on, "My chains are gone, I've been set free; my God, my Savior has ransomed me. And like a flood, His mercy rains. Unending love, Amazing Grace." Well, fella, that's exactly what happened. He said it was bad poetry. Like I said, pretty lame critique. I'm going to do this one next time I sing in church. Great message.

***Christie endorses Trump. Well, that figures. Neither one is conservative.

***Ben & Jerry's is offering non-dairy vegan "ice cream." Bet that's yummy.

***
Har har har...

funny pictures (4)


***Blue Cross plans hit hard by Obamacare losses. Oh, but it was going to solve all of our problems, remember?

The nation’s Blue Cross and Blue Shield plans have fared worse than publicly traded health insurance companies on the new health insurance exchanges, with many of these plans losing hundreds of millions of dollars last year on individual policies sold under the Affordable Care Act.

***
What do you get if you cross an elephant and a kangaroo?
Big holes all over Australia!

***Yup.

Screen Shot 2016-02-25 at 6.21.46 PM
 
***The weirder you're going to behave, the more normal you should look. It works in reverse, too. When I see a kid with three or four rings in his nose, I know there is absolutely nothing extraordinary about that person. ~P.J. O'Rourke

No comments:

Post a Comment