Thursday, January 7, 2016

What We Need

***Our pastor asked for people in our church who were coming to the Christmas Eve service to tell about some way the Lord had blessed them in that year, some way He provided, something He did to let them know He was there, etc. I didn't get to go to the Christmas Eve service because we have our own on Mark's side of the family. I know what I would have said though, it would have been providing Mark as my husband. My dad had some anger issues and one of my brothers was pretty verbally abusive, and so was my first husband. Mark is exactly what I needed. I can do some pretty dumb things, but he has never once raised his voice to me. I'm very thankful for him.

***A Megadrone big enough to carry a passenger!

EHang is building the world's first 'Autonomous Aerial Vehicle' for transporting people. Unveiled at CES in Las Veges, the 184 flies itself

Wow.

***According to the CDC, owning a swimming pool is more dangerous than owning a gun.

Well, Democrats seldom let the facts get in the way.

***Now that is one ugly cat...

funny animal image of ugly hairless cat who stays positive


***Real computer quotes:

"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons."
-- Popular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of science, 1949

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers.
-- Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943

"I have traveled the length and breadth of this country and talked with the best people, and I can assure you that data processing is a fad that won't last out the year."
-- The editor in charge of business books for Prentice Hall, 1957

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
-- Ken Olson, president, chairman/founder of Digital Equipment Corp.,1977

"So we went to Atari and said, 'Hey, we've got this amazing thing, even built with some of your parts, and what do you think about funding us? Or we'll give it to you. We just want to do it. Pay our salary, we'll come work for you.' And they said, 'No.' So then we went to Hewlett-Packard, and they said, 'Hey, we don't need you. You haven't got through college yet."'
-- Apple Computer Inc. founder Steve Jobs on attempts to get Atari and HP interested in his and Steve Wozniak's personal computer 


***Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States. ~~ Ronald Reagan

No comments:

Post a Comment