Friday, August 7, 2015

What a Week!

***Yeah, they all seem that way lately.

***In my 08/03/2015 blog post, I shared a post by PJ Media regarding Ted Rall and a story he told about being stopped by the cops and roughed up, which was later proven untrue, and he lost his position at the L.A. Times because of it. Mr. Rall, or someone pretending to be him, commented on that blog post and claimed he had been vindicated. He gave one citation to back up his claim. I looked into it, because I don't want to knowingly put anything that is untrue on my blog. The citation he gave is no longer available. His defense was that there were "enhanced" tapes that proved his innocence. Well, that was a red flag. "Enhanced" sounds a lot like "altered" to me. He claimed one could listen to the tapes, but again, that web site has been taken down. Red flag #2. I did some of my own research, and found nothing that proves, or even really insinuates, that Ted Rall was railroaded as he claims. I took his comment down because it contained some links (which I didn't use, I tried to get to the web site through Google). This may have just been a troll looking to infect the computers of my readers with a virus if they clicked on the link. Just wanted you to know I did follow up on this, and stand behind what I blogged.

***I was very impressed by Carly Fiorina last night during the debate. Actually, I think we have several good candidates. My dream ticket would be Scott Walker/Carly Fiorina.

***Well that oughta tell you something - Russia and China lobby Democrats to support Iran deal.

That deal is a disaster, and the more we find out, the worse it gets. As Jed Babbin says, Obama's Iran falsehoods are blatant and many.

***
in case of fire


***Instapundit readers post debate poll:

Screen Shot 2015-08-07 at 8.04.41 AM

Told ya Carly was good.

***Navy will not prosecute officer who defended others with his own gun. Hard to believe there was even a question.

Lt. Cmdr. Tim White, the Navy officer who fired a sidearm in defense during the attack on Navy Operational Support Center in Chattanooga, Tenn., will not face charges, an official familiar with the investigation told Stars and Stripes on Wednesday.
White was reported to be one of two servicemembers carrying sidearms at the time of the attack, which could have led to charges. The Department of Defense prohibits all military personnel other than security forces from carrying arms while on base unless they are in a combat zone.
 
A very, very stupid policy.
 
***Amusing shop signs:
 
  1. Outside a dress shop, Hong Kong: LADIES HAVE FITS UPSTAIRS.
  2. Tailor shop, Greece: ORDER YOUR SUMMERS SUIT. BECAUSE IS BIG RUSH, WE WILL EXECUTE CUSTOMERS IN STRICT ROTATION.
  3. On the door of a Moscow hotel room: IF THIS IS YOUR FIRST VISIT TO THE USSR, YOU ARE WELCOME TO IT.
  4. At a Budapest zoo: PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE ANIMALS.
    IF YOU HAVE ANY SUITABLE FOOD, GIVE IT TO THE GUARD ON DUTY.
  5. Shipton-under-Wychwood in Oxon, UK has a local plumber whose van announces: 'The Lone Drainer - he come pronto.'  

***I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think interior decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves.~~ Anna Quindlen

***Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete