Sunday, August 30, 2015

Just a few...

***...minutes until I have to follow Mark to take the car for repairs. Don't really have time to start a transcription file, so I thought I'd use the time to blog. Aren't you excited?

***James gave another "what I needed to hear" sermon this morning. He does that a lot. We are still in 1 John, this has been a great sermon series. This morning's topic dealt with how God protects and defends our salvation. He dealt with how the world has gone crazy, rejecting God and the gospel, and that we need to rest in the knowledge that we belong to Him, and nothing can change that. I have been so very busy with my business for the last couple of weeks, and haven't been able to keep up with the news as much, nor get into discussions on Facebook about different issues. It actually has been a blessing, because some of the stuff that's going on really raises my blood pressure, and bothers me to the point where I lose sleep. How dumb it is to worry about temporal things like crooked politicians when I have a home in heaven waiting for me when this is all over.

***The criminally bad reporting during Katrina. Yeah, the media is another thing that burns my cookies. Make no mistake, the reporting was awful because a Republican was in office. Didn't hear about the awful way Sandy was handled, did you?

Remember the dozens, maybe hundreds, of rapes, murders, stabbings and deaths resulting from official neglect at the Superdome after Hurricane Katrina? The ones that never happened, as even the national media later admitted?
Sure, we all remember the original reporting, if not the back-pedaling.
Here's another one: Do you remember the dramatic TV footage of National Guard helicopters landing at the Superdome as soon as Katrina passed, dropping off tens of thousands saved from certain death? The corpsmen running with stretchers, in an echo of M*A*S*H, carrying the survivors to ambulances and the medical center? About how the operation, which also included the Coast Guard, regular military units, and local first responders, continued for more than a week?
Me neither. Except that it did happen, and got at best an occasional, parenthetical mention in the national media. The National Guard had its headquarters for Katrina, not just a few peacekeeping troops, in what the media portrayed as the pit of Hell. Hell was one of the safest places to be in New Orleans, smelly as it was. The situation was always under control, not surprisingly because the people in control were always there.

Read the whole thing. It wasn't handled perfectly, nothing of that magnitude can be. But it certainly wasn't the hell-hole the media made it out to be.

***
the funny pictures (19)


***I want to see this, I hear it's really good: "War Room" stuns Hollywood with $11 million weekend. I think Hollywood secretly hates it when a Christian movie does well.

***This is good...

parenting advice


***
Never trouble another for what you can do for yourself. ~~ Thomas Jefferson

***Have a great day!

I was in a pet store picking up some pet food for my dog when I overheard the following conversation. A cute girl peaks over the counter and politely asks the sales representative. “I’m interested in buying a rabbit.” “Oh sure we’ve got lots of rabbits” gushed the motherly sales representative. “Do you have any specific color in mind? We’ve got some adorable white Bunnies down this isle.” The lady exclaimed. “Oh” said the cute girl with a wave of her hand, “I really don’t think my boa constrictor would care about what color it is!”

Read more at:

No comments:

Post a Comment