Monday, August 3, 2015

Exactly Right!

***This is from an Instapundit readers poll. These are my picks too, in order.

http://cdn.pjmedia.com/instapundit/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Screen-Shot-2015-08-03-at-11.46.18-AM.png


***He made it up, and he got caught. I don't know if you've ever seen any of Ted Rall's cartoons, but he's about as leftist as you can get. They can't fight with ideas, because they don't have any. Therefore, they have to manufacture outrage, and tell harrowing stories....that never happened:

Just over 10 years ago, I was ticketed — and handcuffed — for an alleged pedestrian violation while crossing Melrose Avenue.  Ironically, this was one of the rare times that I was innocent of even jaywalking, something I do every day.
Anyway, I had done everything right. I waited for the green “walking man” signal before stepping off the curb.  I walked between the crosswalk lines.  I got across the street just as the flashing red signal began.
All of a sudden, a motorcycle officer zoomed over, threw me up against the wall, slapped on the cuffs, roughed me up and wrote me a ticket.  It was an ugly scene, and in broad daylight it must have looked like one, because within minutes there were a couple of dozen passersby shouting at the cop.
Another motorcycle officer appeared, asked the colleague what the heck he was thinking and ordered him to let me go, which he did.  But not before he threw my driver’s license into the sewer.

After an extensive investigation, the discovery has been made that HE MADE IT UP. Liberalism truly is a mental disorder.

***HarperCollins to New York Times: Drop Dead.

The publisher of Senator Ted Cruz’s new memoir, HarperCollins, has rejected the New York Times‘ claim that Cruz’s book sales were inflated by bulk purchases:
Publishing giant HarperCollins is publicly pushing back against the New York Times’ claim that Ted Cruz’s new book, A Time For Truth, was disqualified from its bestseller list because sales were limited to “strategic bulk purchases.” In a statement provided to BuzzFeed News, HarperCollins publicity director Tina Andreadis said the company looked into the matter and “found no evidence of bulk orders or sales through any retailer or organization.”
It is common practice for politicians to try to game the Times’ prestigious bestseller list by having their campaigns or political action committees buy up thousands of copies of their books. When Cruz’s book was left off the list this week despite outselling many of the entries that did make it, the paper’s spokesperson justified the omission by telling Politico they found an “overwhelming preponderance of evidence” that the sales numbers were being padded by bulk purchases.
By publicly refuting the Times’ claim, HarperCollins is taking on one of the most influential forces in the publishing industry — an exceedingly rare move for any large publisher.
People aren’t as afraid of the NYT as they used to be. This is what comes of selling your soul for a mess of Obama porridge.
The NYT is fishwrap.

***
baby owl is not afraid of the law ok maybe a little afraid


***Hillary lies again. What a surprise.

Hillary Must Be Lying Illustration by Greg Groesch/The Washington Times


***Why is America Exceptional?
by Matthew Spaulding, Ph.D.

The American Revolution drew on old ideas. The United States is the product of Western civilization, shaped by Judeo-Christian culture and the political liberties inherited from Great Britain.
Yet the founding of the United States was also revolutionary. Not in the sense of replacing one set of rulers with another, or overthrowing the institutions of society, but in placing political authority in the hands of the people.
As the English writer G. K. Chesterton famously observed, "America is the only nation in the world that is founded on a creed." That creed is set forth most clearly in the Declaration of Independence, by which the American colonies announced their separation from Great Britain. The Declaration is a timeless statement of inherent rights, the proper purposes of government, and the limits on political authority.

Read the whole thing.

***
I asked my wife, "Where do you want to go for our anniversary?" It warmed my heart to see her face melt in sweet appreciation. "Somewhere I haven't been in a long time!" she said. So I suggested, "How about the kitchen?"
And that's when the fight started....

***Okay, probably shouldn't have gone back for thirds...

funny cats image When You've Eaten One Too Many Treats


***I am in earnest; I will not equivocate; I will not excuse; I will not retreat a single inch; and I will be heard. ~~ William Lloyd Garrison

***Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will certainly look into this and make sure what I'm putting on my blog is correct. If it's not, I'll take it down.

    ReplyDelete