Sunday, July 26, 2015

Have to Share

***Over at Political Pistachio, Jasmius has a really good piece up about Obama's recent trip to Africa to lecture them on gay rights. An excerpt:

"I've been consistent all across Africa on this. When you start treating people differently, because they're different, that's the path whereby freedoms begin to erode. And bad things happen," he said after talks with the Kenyan leader, in response to a question on gay rights.

Oh, you mean like how the Gaystapo is eroding the freedoms of evangelical Christians in this country to your hearty approval and encouragement, Barry?  Yeah, that's what I thought.

"As an African-American in the United States....

Uh-uh-uh.  You're an American (technically), and half your heritage is African, but you are not an "African-American," because your father was never an American.  "Let you be clear".


....I am painfully aware of what happens when people are treated differently under the law. I am unequivocal on this," Obama told a joint news conference, openly disagreeing with Kenyatta.

You've never experienced racial discrimination in your entire, misbegotten, over-privileged, perfumed prince life.  But you sure as shinola are inflicting a buttload of it.


He said that the notion "a law-abiding citizen... will be treated differently or abused because of who they love is wrong, full stop."

Or Whom they worship?  That seems to be the growing wave of discrimination in this country these days, again, at your instigation.


Love Jim's comments, they always cut right to the chase. Follow the link for the whole thing.

***I know I sound like a commercial for Centerville First Baptist and our pastor, James Girdley, but the fact is it is getting harder and harder to find people willing to speak the truth, and James is one who doesn't compromise. Such an uplifting sermon this morning about the fact that we don't have to live in fear that God is going to whack us when we sin. Jesus took all of God's wrath against sin with Him to the cross, and our faith and belief in His atonement frees us to serve God because we love Him, not because we're afraid of Him. Listening every Sunday to the truth is like an oasis after being bombarded all week with the evil going on in the world, and in our own country.

***
When our lawn mower broke and wouldn't run, my wife kept hinting to me that I should get it fixed. But, somehow I always had something else to take care of first, the shed, the boat, making beer... Always something more important to me. Finally she thought of a clever way to make her point.
When I arrived home one day, I found her seated in the tall grass, busily snipping away with a tiny pair of sewing scissors. I watched silently for a short time and then went into the house. I was gone only a minute, and when I came out again I handed her a toothbrush. I said, "When you finish cutting the grass, you might as well sweep the driveway."

The doctors say I will walk again, but I will always have a limp.
***

My wife was hinting about what she wanted for our upcoming anniversary.
She said, "I want something shiny that goes from 0 to 180 in about 3 seconds.
I bought her a bathroom scale.
And then the fight started......


***Hey...now you can rent a chicken if you want fresh eggs!


A Pennsylvania couple has come up with a solution to soaring U.S. egg prices: Rental chickens.RentTheChicken.com is the brainchild of Jenn and Phil Tompkins, of Freeport, Pennsylvania, northeast of Pittsburgh. More than just a cost-beater, they see their business as a way to change how people think about food.
"It changes the mindset of people when they know where food comes from," said Jenn Tompkins, 38. "Pretty soon they'll have tomato plants and be turning the chicken manure into compost."
Since starting their home-based business in the summer of 2013, they have rented chickens, either directly or through affiliates, to about 200 customers in 12 U.S. states as well as Ontario and Prince Edward Island in Canada.
Interest has been spurred by a surge in U.S. egg prices, which rose a record 85 percent last month after an outbreak of bird flu led to the culling of millions of laying hens nationally, according to U.S. Labor Department data.
For about $400, depending on location, the service provides two laying hens for the four to six warm months of the year, plus a chicken coop and a guidebook.

Now that's what I call innovative thinking. More power to them!

***
beetle,cowboy,funny,frog


***People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing.  That’s why we recommend it daily. –Zig Ziglar

***Gotta get busy - have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment