Sunday, June 7, 2015

Useless Self Hatred

***I am so sick of this "white privilege" malarkey. It's just another copout by those who blame everyone else for their circumstances, and expect others to lift them up and do for them what they should be doing for themselves. Look at this lunacy written by a supposed intellectual:

The literary journal Electric Literature published an advice column this week counseling an anonymous correspondent on what might be termed an identity crisis. “I am a white, male poet—a white, male poet who is aware of his privilege and sensitive to inequalities facing women, POC, and LGBTQ individuals,” the advice-seeker began, “but despite this awareness and sensitivity, I am still white and still male. Sometimes I feel like the time to write from my experience has passed, that the need for poems from a white, male perspective just isn’t there anymore...”
Positing that the time has come for poems from communities “whose voices have too long been silenced or suppressed,” he added, “I feel terrible about feeling terrible about this, since I also know that for so long, white men made other people feel terrible about who they were.” He struggles with how to proceed in his chosen vocation. “Sometimes I write from other perspectives via persona poems in order to understand and empathize with the so-called ‘other’; but I fear that this could be construed as yet another example of my privilege—that I am appropriating another person’s experience,” he explained. “Write what you know and risk denying voices whose stories are more urgent; write to learn what you don’t know and risk colonizing someone else’s story. I genuinely am troubled by this.”
He feels paralyzed. “I want to listen but I also want to write—yet at times these impulses feel at odds with one another,” he declared. “How can I reconcile the two?”

Oh please, get over yourself. If you want to engage in self-flagellation, be my guest. Do not expect me to join you.

***A line separating the smart from the not-so-smart:

Fracking is creating a new dividing line between the nation’s red and blue states.
While liberal-leaning states such as New York and Maryland have opted to ban hydraulic fracturing, despite the potential revenue from natural gas, conservative strongholds such as Texas and Oklahoma have gone the opposite route, moving to ensure that local towns and cities cannot outlaw the practice in their communities.
Observers say a state’s approach to fracking is increasingly falling along partisan lines, with the affiliation of a state’s legislature and governor often reflected in whether the practice is welcome or shunned.
“Where we have legislative or executive preemption efforts, we have tended to see would be expected, which is that the more liberal states tend to be more concerned about the environmental and social effects of fracking, whereas the more conservative states tend to welcome the money,” said Hannah Wiseman, a Florida State University Professor who researches environmental regulation.

Guess which states are doing better economically?

***Perry and Christie say Hillary Clinton "doesn't get our voting laws." Of course she does, she just wants to ignore them to her own advantage.

***
iron,accidents,Cats



***I'd love to be here...

Subscribe to our Blog


***I've been working all day, now I'm ready to relax a bit. My hands are aching.

***

One of the first steps to accomplishing great things in your life is to cease dwelling on the negative things in your past. Carefully assess your present strengths, successes, and achievements. Dwell on those positive events in your life, and quit limiting your potential by constantly thinking about what you have done poorly. Alice and the Mad Hatter in Wonderland had a conversation that illustrates this concept:

Alice: Where I come from, people study what they are not good at in order to be able to do what they are good at.

Mad Hatter: We only go around in circles in Wonderland, but we always end up where we started. Would you mind explaining yourself? 

Alice: Well, grown-ups tell us to find out what we did wrong, and never do it again 

Mad Hatter: That's odd! It seems to me that in order to find out about something, you have to study it. And when you study it, you should become better at it. Why should you want to become better at something and then never do it again? But please continue. 

Alice: Nobody ever tells us to study the right things we do. We're only supposed to learn from the wrong things. But we are permitted to study the right things other people do. And sometimes we're even told to copy them. 

Mad Hatter: That's cheating! 

Alice: You're quite right, Mr. Hatter. I do live in a topsy-turvy world. It seems like I have to do something wrong first, in order to learn from what not to do. And then, by not doing what I'm not supposed to do, perhaps I'll be right. But I'd rather be right the first time, wouldn't you?

***A chicken without feathers:

chicken without feathers

No idea why I thought you needed to see that.

***I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end. ~~ Margaret Thatcher

***Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment