Saturday, April 4, 2015

Striking a Balance

***It's not news to anyone who reads my blog and/or my Facebook posts that I have a little trouble holding back my opinion regarding political matters. That is fine in and of itself, but sometimes I find myself getting too aggressive in my impatience with ignorance and striking back a little more vigorously than I should. At our Good Friday service last night, James preached on how Jesus responded when Peter defended Him in the Garden, cutting off the ear of one of the soldiers' servants. Rather than allowing his disciples to take them all out, Jesus told him to put away his sword. In context, of course, He knew He had to fulfill God's plan for Him, and that plan did not include saving Himself from the dreadful things that were about to happen to Him. I also read Matthew 23, where He gives the scribes and Pharisees quite a tongue-lashing. My continual struggle is with how I present myself as a Christian in the discussions I find myself in. It's not my nature to just sit back and think "what will be will be." Jesus didn't take that approach, yet I wonder what He thinks when I call out some of our liberal elected officials and call them idiots, liars, etc. etc. I get into discussions regarding certain issues wherein my liberal interlocutors are obviously ignorant of the subject at hand, but insist on repeating what they read in liberal blogs and the media which have no relation to fact whatsoever. It is SO frustrating and I sometimes get more aggressive than I should. It's hard not to, but eventually I realize that the discussion is fruitless and just stop. It's usually not too long before I find myself in the middle of another one, though. I just need to keep in mind that everyone knows I'm a Christian, so I need to do my best to be a good example.

*** Busted!

b  funny pics (24)


***Quitting TV.

Literally doing anything is more worthy than sitting in front of the Idiot Box to be anaesthetized and hypnotized by stupefying beams of leftism. *
There is a reason this country is in terrible shape. It's because it's people have become slack in their thinking. Lazy. Stupid.
And right in front of me is a big 47" rectangular pill that makes people complacent, fat, unhealthy, dumb, disconnected from humanity, and disinterested in their own futures, nevermind their country's.

Only time I ever watch TV is when Mom stays all night with me and I watch Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy! with her. The only things Mark watches are sports and Fox News. I think the writer of this column is absolutely right. What pours into most peoples' homes via the TV is garbage.

***Indiana pizzeria owners go underground as GoFundMe donations near $1 million. All because they truthfully answered a question from a reporter. They gave their opinion, period. They did not refuse service to anyone, yet solely on the basis of their Constitutionally protected opinion, they have been forced out of business by the very people screaming about discrimination. Does anyone else see the disconnect here??

This is absolutely nuts.

***Christianity is definitely under attack. The bullies on the Left say "Live and Let Live," but that only applies to other liberals. University cancels church's Easter service. 

It’s all but guaranteed the pews will be packed and that presented a challenge to Roderick Richardson, the pastor of The Word Center Church in Jackson, Miss.
The non-denominational church has a membership of about 1,200 people – but only 275 can fit in the sanctuary. And the preacher estimated they could have as many as 1,500 people show up for Easter Sunday. http://www.thewordcity.com/
So last January Pastor Richardson started scouting out a new location for his growing church. And it wasn’t long before he found a solution – a conference center run by the University of Mississippi Medical Center.
He signed a contract to rent the space on Jan. 27. On March 27 – the university abruptly canceled the contract and told the church they would not be allowed to use their facility.
“It was a week and two days before the largest service of the year,” Pastor Richardson told me. “They told me the climate at UMMC was not conducive for us to have a service at the facility.”
The climate was not conducive?

We all know what that means.

***My favorite flower:


Love lilacs. :-)

***
A mother took her little boy to church.
While in church the little boy said, “Mommy, I have to pee.”

The mother said to the little boy, “It’s not appropriate to say the word ‘pee’ in church. So, from now on whenever you have to ‘pee’ just tell me that you have to ‘whisper’.”

The following Sunday, the little boy went to church with his father and during the service said to his father, “Daddy, I have to whisper.“

The father looked at him and said, “Okay, just whisper in my ear.”

***These are good:

banned from walmart

***A cucumber should be well-sliced, dressed with pepper and vinegar, and then thrown out. ~~ Samuel Johnson

***Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment