Although Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (Ky.) and Republicans who control the Senate are under no obligation to do so, they have agreed to grant a confirmation vote to Loretta Lynch, President Obama’s nominee to replace Eric Holder as United States Attorney General. Ms. Lynch has testified that she supports and would implement President Obama’s executive action providing de facto amnesty to illegal immigrants. This edict, which blatantly violates Obama’s oath to execute the laws faithfully, also unconstitutionally confers positive legal benefits on illegal aliens, something only Congress has the authority to do. Yet, five Republican senators have announced that they will vote to confirm Ms. Lynch. Three have already supported her in the Judiciary Committee: Orrin Hatch (Utah), Lindsey Graham (S.C.), and Jeff Flake (Ariz). The two others are Mark Kirk (Ill.) and Susan Collins (Maine). If they follow through in the vote now scheduled for Thursday, Ms. Lynch would almost certainly have the 51 votes needed to be confirmed.
The author makes six very good points regarding this, here's the first one:
1. Violation of the Senatorial Oath of Office As mandated by the Constitution, every United States senator takes a solemn oath to support the Constitution and to bear it true faith and allegiance. Ms. Lynch has forthrightly told the Senate, under oath, that she will undermine the Constitution. A senator cannot support and defend the Constitution by voting to confirm — to the highest law-enforcement position in the federal government, no less — a nominee who has announced that she intends to undermine the Constitution. A vote to confirm such a person, therefore, would plainly violate the senator’s oath.
Read the rest at the link. Please contact these five Senators - heck, forward them this story. Apparently they're forgetting why we sent them there. It certainly was not to continue what Obama has been doing to this country. If you are in one of these five Senators' states, it is especially important for you to contact them and voice your opinion. This woman would be as bad, if not worse, than Eric Holder.
Follow the link and check out the mess they left. And oh my goodness!! Are those plastic bottles and styrofoam containers??? To be a liberal is to be a hypocrite.
***13 failed predictions of environmental catastrophe. Look, I'm all for being good stewards of the earth God gave us, though I'm not sure recycling is all it's cracked up to be, but the environmental movement is not about the earth. It is about power and control. That is obvious when Mr. Global Warming Al Gore lives in an energy devouring mansion and rides around in limousines and private jets. Gimme a break.
- “Civilization will end within 15 or 30 years unless immediate action is taken against problems facing mankind.” — Harvard biologist George Wald
- “We are in an environmental crisis which threatens the survival of this nation, and of the world as a suitable place of human habitation.” — Washington University biologist Barry Commoner
- “Man must stop pollution and conserve his resources, not merely to enhance existence but to save the race from intolerable deterioration and possible extinction.” — New York Times editorial
- “Population will inevitably and completely outstrip whatever small increases in food supplies we make. The death rate will increase until at least 100-200 million people per year will be starving to death during the next ten years.” — Stanford University biologist Paul Ehrlich
- “Most of the people who are going to die in the greatest cataclysm in the history of man have already been born… [By 1975] some experts feel that food shortages will have escalated the present level of world hunger and starvation into famines of unbelievable proportions. Other experts, more optimistic, think the ultimate food-population collision will not occur until the decade of the 1980s.” — Paul Ehrlich
- “It is already too late to avoid mass starvation,” — Denis Hayes, Chief organizer for Earth Day
- “Demographers agree almost unanimously on the following grim timetable: by 1975 widespread famines will begin in India; these will spread by 1990 to include all of India, Pakistan, China and the Near East, Africa. By the year 2000, or conceivably sooner, South and Central America will exist under famine conditions…. By the year 2000, thirty years from now, the entire world, with the exception of Western Europe, North America, and Australia, will be in famine.” — North Texas State University professor Peter Gunter
- “In a decade, urban dwellers will have to wear gas masks to survive air pollution… by 1985 air pollution will have reduced the amount of sunlight reaching earth by one half.” — Life magazine
- “At the present rate of nitrogen buildup, it’s only a matter of time before light will be filtered out of the atmosphere and none of our land will be usable.” — Ecologist Kenneth Watt
- “Air pollution…is certainly going to take hundreds of thousands of lives in the next few years alone.” — Paul Ehrlich
- “By the year 2000, if present trends continue, we will be using up crude oil at such a rate… that there won’t be any more crude oil. You’ll drive up to the pump and say, ‘Fill ‘er up, buddy,’ and he’ll say, ‘I am very sorry, there isn’t any.’” — Ecologist Kenneth Watt
- “[One] theory assumes that the earth’s cloud cover will continue to thicken as more dust, fumes, and water vapor are belched into the atmosphere by industrial smokestacks and jet planes. Screened from the sun’s heat, the planet will cool, the water vapor will fall and freeze, and a new Ice Age will be born.” — Newsweek Magazine
- “The world has been chilling sharply for about twenty years. If present trends continue, the world will be about four degrees colder for the global mean temperature in 1990, but eleven degrees colder in the year 2000. This is about twice what it would take to put us into an ice age.” — Kenneth Watt
See how ridiculous they are?
***Attack of the leftist snowflakes.
If the couple were alive today, one wonders if they could have retained their trademark pluck. On college campuses across America, an army of leftist snowflakes — a generation long told they’re special, fragile, and never, ever wrong — is on the march, aiming to squelch any threatening idea that “triggers” uncomfortable thoughts. On the downside, these marauding bands have sparked an epidemic of protests, hysteria, and Nathaniel Hawthorne-style banishings. On the upside, they’re doing a heck of a job alerting the nation that a significant portion of the “leaders of tomorrow” might be one tick short of a working cuckoo clock.
Couldn't have put it better myself.
***The Constitution, intended to endure for ages.
At times it seems we have forgotten the inspired, magnificent and noble history that gave us this grand document.
As a business attorney, I have often compared our founding documents to those documents which are necessary to create a company, a corporation, or a limited liability company. To begin a new company you must first have “Articles of Incorporation” or “Articles of Organization.” These words establish a new company.
Just like those, our Declaration of Independence sets out the words to create a new company–or in this case, a new country. A war was even fought over those words. They were so important. And a new country was created. The United States of America.
Then to determine the rules of operating the new company, an additional document must be agreed upon. The next needed document is a set of “corporate by-laws” or an “operating agreement.”
Your new country will also require such rules or by-laws. That is what our Constitution of the United States was drafted to do. Present the rules for operating the country.
Please notice the document is titled: “The Constitution of the UNITED STATES.” (emphasis added.) Some citizens, history teachers, and even politicians have forgotten this is a country made up of 13 original sovereign States–now 50 sovereign States.
Read the whole thing. Very informative.
***Few things help an individual more than to place responsibility upon him, and to let him know that you trust him. ~Booker T. Washington
***Have a great day!