The CNO held the medical team back and said, “Hold on, guys. I think he wants the president.”
The president jumped up and rushed over to the side of the bed. He cupped the Marine’s face in his hands. They locked eyes, and after a couple of moments the president, without breaking eye contact, said to the military aide, “Read it again.”
So we stood silently as the military aide presented the Marine with the award for a second time. The president had tears dripping from his eyes onto the Marine’s face. As the presentation ended, the president rested his forehead on the Marine’s for a moment.
Now everyone was crying, and for so many reasons: the sacrifice; the pain and suffering; the love of country; the belief in the mission; and the witnessing of a relationship between a soldier and his Commander in Chief that the rest of us could never fully grasp.
Read the whole thing. As you may have guessed, this certainly does not refer to Obama, but President George W. Bush.
***Obama celebrates Earth Day by using 9180 gallons of jet fuel, and that's just the start. To be a liberal is to be a hypocrite. It's in the DNA.
***French cops thwart terror attack on churches. The religion of peace almost strikes again.
A suspected Islamic terrorist's plans to mount attacks on French churches were thwarted when he accidentally shot himself and called an ambulance, leading to the discovery of loaded guns, bulletproof vests and chilling notes about his intended targets, authorities said Wednesday.
French police believe the 24-year-old Algerian native was planning an imminent attack Sunday on one or more French churches in Paris when he shot himself, France’s top security official announced Wednesday. The suspect, who was not named, is a computer science student who was flagged as a risk by security officials last year, said Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve. He is also accused in the death of a young mother.
At least the paper refers to him as Islamic. That's a step forward.
***Thanks, Hillary: Chipotle sales plummet. I resolved not to eat there after their anti-gun rhetoric was discovered.
***The brownshirts are back - and they're in our universities.
In his seminal history The Coming of the Third Reich, Richard J. Evans explains how, in the early days of National Socialist Germany, the universities became centers of Nazi indoctrination in which students collaborated with stormtroopers (brownshirts) to terrorize dissenters:
The baby boomer Rock stars are revising their hits with new lyrics. They include:
- ♬ Bobby Darin's: "Splish, Splash, I Am Having A Flash!"
- ♬ Herman's Hermits: "Mrs. Brown, You've Got a Lovely Walker!"
- ♬ Ringo Starr: "I Get By With A Little Help From Depends!"
- ♬ The Bee Gees: "How Can You Mend A Broken Hip?"
- ♬ Roberta Flack: "The First Time Ever I Forgot Your Face!"
- ♬ Johnny Nash: "I Can't See Clearly Now!
- ♬ Paul Simon: "Fifty Ways To Lose Your Liver"
- ♬ The Commodores: "Once, Twice, Three times To The Bathroom!"
- ♬ Procol Harem: "A Whiter Shade Of Hair!"
- ♬ Leo Sayer: "You Make Me Feel Like Napping!"
- ♬ The Temptations: "Papa's Got A Kidney Stone!"
- ♬ Abba: "Denture Queen!"
- ♬ Tony Orlando: "Knock 3 Times On The Ceiling If You Hear Me Fall!"
- ♬ Helen Reddy: "I Am Woman; Hear Me Snore!"
- ♬ The Beatles: "I Get By with a Little Help From Depends"
- ♬ Steely Dan: "Rikki Don't Lose Your Car Keys"
- ♬ The Rolling Stones: "You Can't Always Pee When You Want"
- ♬ Credence Clearwater Revival: "Bad Prune Rising"
- ♬ The Who: "Talkin' 'Bout My Medication"
- ♬ The Troggs: "Bald Thing"
- And, last, but NOT least,
- ♬ Leslie Gore: "It's My Procedure, and I'll Cry If I Want To!"
I think my favorite one is "I Get By with a Little Help from Depends."
***8 musicians and bands who are secretly literature nerds. This is interesting.
***Oh my gosh...
***You can't have a million dollar dream with a minimum wage work ethic. ~Author Unknown
***Have a great day!