Monday, March 23, 2015

Never Say Die

***Love this. Five phrases Navy SEALs never say.

Entrepreneur Magazine interviewed a former Navy SEAL who talked about how in the SEALs they are some phrases you just don’t say.

“I can’t do that.”
If somebody had said this in the team room then he would’ve found himself cold, wet and duct taped. Unless a physical handicap is present, replace your “can” or “can’t,” with “will” or “won’t.” There’s always a way. Find it.

“Sorry I’m late.”
You don’t hear this in a culture of accountability because expectations are set, and if they’re not met then there are repercussions. Not to say that expectations don’t change, but it’s not for a lack of effort in fulfilling them.

“I’m sorry I hurt your feelings.”
Feelings? What’s that?

“I don’t know.”
While admitting uncertainty is perfectly fine, the statement alone leaves much to be desired. Instead, try saying “I don’t know yet, but I’ll find out and get back to you.” This latter part is what demonstrates a proactive mindset and a willingness to work, rather than leaving your ambition open to interpretation.

“Let’s talk this out.”
There is nothing like the camaraderie between SEALs. Nothing else even comes close to paralleling the tight bond, unity and cohesion found amongst men who live, eat, train and fight together. Having said that, some people just need a good whoopin’ once in a while to keep egos in check, and teammates are no different. Confronting difficult issues and learning from them is what turns mediocrity into greatness.

***I was trying to program the remote in our extra room where my mother and mother-in-law stay sometimes. We had cable activated in that room so they could watch TV in there if they want to. When I turned TV on, it was on the Trinity Broadcasting Network. Benny Hinn and some other charlatan were on there and I could only stand so much. I don't know the other guy's name, but he was saying that God was impressing upon him that everyone needed to pick up their phones, call in and give $300.00. Oh, that was going to "release" their "Passover Blessings." I wanted to box his ears. No wonder it's so hard to reach the cynical and the lost. They hear people like this and understand what fakes they are. If God wants me to give $300.00 to someone, He'll tell me, not some TV preacher. Furthermore, you don't have to give money to "release" any blessings. God can't be bought. These shyster preachers irritate me more than out and out scam artists, because they're pretending to be oh, so righteous and above it all, when they're simply conning people out of their money. I believe they're going to have a lot to answer for.

***Cruz is running! I like him. Liberals are afraid of him, which tells me he's doing something right. My first pick is Scott Walker - a Walker/Cruz ticket sounds pretty good.

***
take a minute



***Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. ~~ Anais Nin

***Gotta get back to work - have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment