Sunday, February 22, 2015

Hammocks for Anxious Souls

***I have been feeling a lot of anxiety lately. Not really sure why. My business is really booming and sometimes is a little hard to keep up with, but my amazing transcriptionists and I have been doing so. Lots of hours, but it is very rewarding to do a good job and receive the compliments of my clients. Still, seems that every day, though usually it doesn't last too long, I have a sense of unease, that "butterfly in the stomach" feeling, and I can't really put my finger on what is causing it. I stop, pray for a while, and then soldier on. It is not incapacitating, nor does it really slow down what I'm doing, it's just something that hasn't really happened before without a specific reason. It may have to do with my political junkie-ism. Sometimes I just have to stop reading about current events because that really does raise my blood pressure. I found this at Crosswalk.com:

  • It pleases God when I run quickly to Him after I fail Him. There is no legitimate reason why I should not trust in His goodness when I have fallen short.
  • My sin never diminishes His love for me or His acceptance of me. It is impossible for Him to love me less than He always has. He loves me as He loves His Son.
  • On the days wherein I don’t even want to honor Him He still fulfills each of His promises to me. I can force Him from my mind if I choose … but He will never loose me from His.
  • He never, ever tires of hearing my confessions of weakness and pleas for His help. Never.
  • He doesn’t need me at all but He will continue to love and pursue me with omnipotent love until there is nothing within me that does not ultimately glorify Him.
  • No matter what the remainder of my days hold for me, it is an unavoidable reality that, in the end, I will be perfected and living forever in the exact same righteousness that Jesus Christ has always possessed. Nothing can prevent this. This is my destiny in Christ.
  • I will personally witness the final destruction of Satan and each of his demons who ever tempted or attacked you and me. They, nevermore, while I, forevermore.
  • I will see the face of my beautiful King. I will experience the ecstasy of full deliverance from all that presently disheartens me. I cannot work my way to that reality. It is the most precious facet of His work on my behalf. It began with grace, continues now in grace and consummates by grace.
  • The big secret that needs to be revealed is that your greatest deliverance is the deliverance from you. This is what we are really waiting for and it is coming soon enough.
  • We are invited by Him to breathe easily and to worship Him without regarding our personal unworthiness as the determining factor. He knows our failures, struggles, weaknesses, sin, and fickle hearts. That’s the reason He has come for us.

Good advice. 

***James is preaching in I John. Good stuff. Today's text:

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

1 John 2

What a wonderful promise!

***Now that's cute right there...


mr clean


***
A man died and went to The Judgment, they told him , “Before you meet with God, I should tell you — we’ve looked over your life, and to be honest you really didn’t do anything particularly good or bad. We’re not really sure what to do with you. Can you tell us anything you did that can help us make a decision?” The newly arrived soul thought for a moment and replied, “Yeah, once I was driving along and came upon a person who was being harassed by a group of thugs. So I pulled over, got out a bat, and went up to the leader of the thugs. He was a big, muscular guy with a ring pierced through his lip. Well, I tore the ring out of his lip, and told him he and his gang had better stop bothering this guy or they would have to deal with me!” “Wow that’s impressive, “When did this happen?” “About three minutes ago,” came the reply.

***Crying fowl: Crates of chickens fall off tractor-trailer

Pennsylvania State Police are crying fowl after crates of live chickens hurtled off a tractor-trailer on a Pennsylvania highway and the birds flew the coop.
The feather-ruffling incident happened at around 6:30 a.m. Thursday on Interstate 80 in Nescopeck Township, near Berwick.
State police say about 500 chickens fell from the truck. Police and Department of Transportation workers spent about an hour gathering up the fowl, some living and some dead.
Police say PennDOT will hand the live chickens over to the Agriculture Department and the dead ones will be thrown away.
Police say the driver of the truck did not realize he lost his load and kept going.
Traffic wasn't affected by the search.

 Bet that was a sight!

***




***Please, tell me these guys are on their way to a Halloween party.
ladies get in free

***This country has come to feel the same when Congress is in session as when the baby gets hold of a hammer. ~~ Will Rogers

***Have a great day!
 
A man died and went to The Judgment, they told him , “Before you meet with God, I should tell you — we’ve looked over your life, and to be honest you really didn’t do anything particularly good or bad. We’re not really sure what to do with you. Can you tell us anything you did that can help us make a decision?” The newly arrived soul thought for a moment and replied, “Yeah, once I was driving along and came upon a person who was being harassed by a group of thugs. So I pulled over, got out a bat, and went up to the leader of the thugs. He was a big, muscular guy with a ring pierced through his lip. Well, I tore the ring out of his lip, and told him he and his gang had better stop bothering this guy or they would have to deal with me!” “Wow that’s impressive, “When did this happen?” “About three minutes ago,” came the reply.

Read mor

No comments:

Post a Comment