Friday, February 20, 2015

Don't Rely on Network News

***I know, most who read this blog already know that. You know about Marie Harf's embarrassing, bumbling remarks about stopping terrorists by giving them a job. However, if you only watch the "Big Three" newscasts, you probably know very little about it. None of them have reported anything about it. This is how they dumb down America, because although Fox News is #1 in cable news, the network newscasts put together still reach far more people, people who take what they say at face value even though they are obviously biased toward the left.

***Barack Obama's reckless disregard of the law.

***
funny animals (20)


***This is really interesting. These are excerpts from the wills of some of our Founders. Next time some pointy-headed liberal tries to tell you that most of the Founders were Deists (most of them don't even know what that is) rather than Christians, throw some of these out to them.

Samuel Adams
Father of the American Revolution, Signer of the Declaration of Independence
I . . . recommend my Soul to that Almighty Being who gave it, and my body I commit to the dust, relying upon the merits of Jesus Christ for a pardon of all my sins.
Will of Samuel Adams

William Cushing
First Associate Justice Appointed by George Washington to the Supreme Court
Sensible of my mortality, but being of sound mind, after recommending my soul to Almighty God through the merits of my Redeemer and my body to the earth . . .
Will of William Cushing

John Dickinson
Signer of the Constitution
Rendering thanks to my Creator for my existence and station among His works, for my birth in a country enlightened by the Gospel and enjoying freedom, and for all His other kindnesses, to Him I resign myself, humbly confiding in His goodness and in His mercy through Jesus Christ for the events of eternity.
Will of John Dickinson

John Hancock
Signer of the Declaration of Independence
I John Hancock, . . . being advanced in years and being of perfect mind and memory-thanks be given to God-therefore calling to mind the mortality of my body and knowing it is appointed for all men once to die [Hebrews 9:27], do make and ordain this my last will and testament…Principally and first of all, I give and recommend my soul into the hands of God that gave it: and my body I recommend to the earth . . . nothing doubting but at the general resurrection I shall receive the same again by the mercy and power of God. . .
Will of John Hancock

Patrick Henry
Governor of Virginia, Patriot
This is all the inheritance I can give to my dear family. The religion of Christ can give them one which will make them rich indeed.
Will of Patrick Henry

Benjamin Rush
Signer of the Declaration of Independence
My only hope of salvation is in the infinite, transcendent love of God manifested to the world by the death of His Son upon the cross. Nothing but His blood will wash away my sins. I rely exclusively upon it. Come, Lord Jesus! Come quickly!


Many more at the link.

***
Honorable Man
author unknown

How can success be measured in a man
By the net worth of his fortune ?
By the possessions he displays ?
By the vastness of the land he owns or
by the notoriety he's achieved thru great deeds,
if only to satisfy his own ego or greed.
If I could choose something to make me successful
it would be, to be thought of as an honest man
a caring partner and father, and at the end
to have but one good friend, and a loving family
who will morn my passing and remember me
not as great, wealthy, or notable but, only as an honorable man.
 

***
leave your wipers up in ice



***
What are riches - grandeur - health itself, to the luxury of a pure conscience, the health of the soul; - and what the sufferings of poverty, disappointment, despair - to the anguish of an afflicted one! ~~ Ann Radcliffe

***Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment