Sunday, January 4, 2015

Challenges

***I keep hearing and reading about different challenges for 2015 - I like this one, if they'll follow through: Republicans look to challenge Obama on energy, Cuba, immigration.

Republicans take full control of the U.S. Congress this week with an agenda of trying to force approval of the Keystone XL oil pipeline and push back on President Barack Obama's sweeping policy shifts on Cuba and immigration. After years of battles over the budget and other issues, further clashes loom as Republicans who already control the House of Representatives take over the Senate majority on Tuesday after wins against Obama's Democrats in November's midterm elections. Angry over the president's moves last year to bypass Congress on issues such as immigration, Republicans have promised to fight him on a range of issues.

By electing divided government, the American people have shown they want a centrist government, and the new Republican-led Senate will be right-of-center, incoming Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said Sunday on CNN's "State of the Union."

We don't want "centrist," we want a Congress that will force this rogue president to respect the Constitution.

***Pastor James challenged us to pray together as a church more often in 2015. I think that's a great idea! One of the ladies of the church came up to me today, proposing that the ladies get together once a month for a meal, I love the idea! There used to be a group that met at Tim Horton's on Thursday mornings, but I can't get away in the morning. I could do an evening meal, though, and would love to get together with the ladies of our church more often.  I think there are more dark days ahead in the world, and we as Christians need to bear each other up.

***My personal challenges for 2015? Well, to tell the truth I haven't thought about it much. I would like to exercise more; the busier I get, the less I make exercise a priority. I guess that's my #1 challenge to myself this year.

***



***This is a great article. Refer your liberal friends to it when they try to give Obama and the Democrats credit for the improving economy.

But let’s hear specifics. As I remember it, the administration hasn’t done anything in a long time. I know this because an incalculable number of op-eds have informed me that the president has had to contend with militant ideologues and has been unable to implement his agenda. I know this, because I’ve had to listen to years of hand-wringing about politicians’ inaction. You can’t have it both ways.

Sounds to me like gridlock is a good thing.

***
Happy New Year To You

Happy New Year to you!
 May every great new day
 Bring you sweet surprises--
 A happiness buffet.
Happy New Year to you,
 And when the new year’s done,
 May the next year be even better,
 Full of pleasure, joy and fun.

By Joanna Fuchs



***
me after the holiday season


***Lots of people like to trash WalMart. I happen to like it. Here are some things you probably didn't know about it.

***
mystery,meat,frogs

Creepy little son-of-a-gun, ain't he?

***The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes. ~~ Harold B. Lee

***Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment