Monday, December 8, 2014

Sickening




***This college professor is sickening. He makes his students recite and anti-American "Pledge of Allegiance."

If you sign up for Denver college professor Charles Angeletti's American Civilization class, be forewarned that you're going to have to recite his invective-filled 'New Pledge' -- and according to some of his students, also be ready to swallow a big helping of his politics.
Angeletti, who teaches at Metropolitan State University of Denver, has students learn an anti-American spoof of the Pledge of Allegiance that denounces the U.S. as a Republican-controlled bastion of injustice, all while spewing his own far-left brand of politics, according to current and former students.
“I pledge allegiance to and wrap myself in the flag of the United States Against Anything Un-American,” reads Angeletti's version. “And to the Republicans for which it stands, two nations, under Jesus, rich against poor, with curtailed liberty and justice for all except blacks, homosexuals, women who want abortions, Communists, welfare queens, treehuggers, feminazis, illegal immigrants, children of illegal immigrants, and you, if you don't watch your step.”

What a Class A jerk. I'll bet he laughs all the way to the bank in the country which makes his lifestyle possible.

“We’re very racist, we’re very repressive, we’re very Christian oriented, we don’t tolerate other kinds of thinking in this country.”
- Charles Angeletti, professor at Metropolitan State University
And yet there you are, profiting from your "other kind of thinking." You colossal hypocrite.

***Violence erupts at Berkeley protest for second straight night. Because nothing says "Stop the Violence!" like smashing windows and throwing rocks at people.

Hell in a handbasket.

***Rolling Stone managing editor in 2006: "I want to do stuff that's biased." Mission accomplished!

***3D organ printing? Wow, hard to imagine how that could work.

***Is there anything duct tape can't do?

uses for duct tape (4)

uses for duct tape (3)

uses for duct tape (11)

uses for duct tape (15)

uses for duct tape (18)


***Six things you didn't know about earwax.

1. It isn't actually "wax."
Yes, it has a waxy texture, but earwax is really just a combination of secretions from the outer ear (mainly oil and sweat) mixed with dead skin cells, hair, and dirt. But don't worry — earwax is far from dirty.
2. There are two types of earwax.
And the kind you have depends on genetics. Some have dry earwax (gray and flaky), while others have more wet earwax that is honey brown and moist.
3. It keeps our ears clean.
Earwax blocks our ear canals from foreign matters like dirt, bugs, bacteria, and water. The coating also helps fight off infections.
4. And it keeps them from itching.
Like tears help our eyes, earwax lubricates the inside of our ears to keep them from feeling dry and itchy.
5. Ears are self-cleaning.
And poking your ear with a cotton swab or any other mechanism actually pushes earwax back into our ear canals, potentially causing blockage and health problems.
If you do suffer from blockage, cotton swabs are a big no-no. Instead, use a clean wash cloth to clean your external ear, and try a DIY remedy to clean out excessive buildup: Simply add warm water with saline or wax dissolving drops to your ear with a disposable syringe. If that doesn't work, go to a doctor.
6. Wax blockage can cause hearing loss.
If you have a persistent earache, feel like your ear is always plugged, hear noises inside your ear, or partial hearing loss, it might be time to head to an ear doctor. They can remove buildup safely.


You're welcome.

***

Light Extravaganza to Greet


***
Invictus, the Unconquerable
by William Ernest Henley



Out of the night that covers me,
      Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
      For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
      I have not winced nor cried aloud,
Under the bludgeonings of chance
      My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
      Looms but the horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
      Finds, and shall find me, unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
      How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
      I am the captain of my soul.
  

***

corn,squirrel,stuffed,noms,existentialism


***
Give every man thy ear, but few thy voice. ~~ William Shakespeare

***Have a great day!

Invictus: The Unconquerable

Out of the night that covers me,
      Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
      For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
      I have not winced nor cried aloud,
Under the bludgeonings of chance
      My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
      Looms but the horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
      Finds, and shall find me, unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
      How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
      I am the captain of my soul.
- See more at: http://allpoetry.com/Invictus:-The-Unconquerable#sthash.tSzitTxc.dpu

Invictus: The Unconquerable

Out of the night that covers me,
      Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
      For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
      I have not winced nor cried aloud,
Under the bludgeonings of chance
      My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
      Looms but the horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
      Finds, and shall find me, unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
      How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
      I am the captain of my soul.
- See more at: http://allpoetry.com/Invictus:-The-Unconquerable#sthash.tSzitTxc.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment