Thursday, November 6, 2014

Stepchild

***Democrats scrap ad buys for Mary Landrieu. Sorry, honey, they can't win a majority even if you win, so see ya later!

***Another very busy day...just taking a few minutes to blog, then back at it. I did my payroll today, I have five employees now! What a wonderful feeling. I love writing them big checks, because that means I'm earning big checks! Of course, it takes about 14 hours a day to do it and I've been building my business for about 20 years to get to this place, but it's worth it. Lots of ups and downs, believe me.

***10 things you didn't know your microwave could do.

Give Your Plants a Boost


Sterilize soil for growing seedlings by heating it up in the microwave first. Colorado State University horticulturist Laura Pottorff suggests filling plastic containers with a thin layer of soil and microwaving them for 90 seconds per kilogram.

Save That Stamp


You can remove a stamp from an envelope by putting a drop of water of it and then microwaving it for 10-15 seconds.

Disinfect Sponges


According to Good Housekeeping, microwaving a sponge can kill 99.9% of most household germs (and around 99.8% of E. coli and salmonella). Try it yourself: Saturate your sponges with water and zap them in the microwave for 60 seconds.

More at the link.

***I have a much better outlook on things since Tuesday. Yes, I know Obama's still president and he's still going to behave like a monarch, but I do think we have the power and the mandate to check him now. I have to admit, after the 2012 presidential election I really despaired of ever getting this country back to the way the Founders envisioned. We have a long way to go, but we took the first step Tuesday.

***
vhow they look

***Emails and document dump put Holder at the heart of Fast & Furious. I can't believe anyone is surprised by that.

***People need to stop asking if the GOP and Obama can get along and work together. If the voters had wanted people in Congress who would work with Obama, they would have elected Democrats.

***
A Friend Who's Always There
Unknown

If I could catch a rainbow
I would do it just for you
and share with you its beauty
On the days you're feeling blue.

If I could build a mountain
You could call your very own
A place to find serenity
A place to be alone

If I could take your troubles
I would toss them in the sea
But all these things I'm finding
are impossible for me.

I cannot build a mountain
Or catch a rainbow fair
But let me be what I know best -
A friend who's always there.
rainbow over mountain


***
z pictures (10)

***There are those, I know, who will say that the liberation of humanity, the freedom of man and mind, is nothing but a dream.  They are right.  It is the American dream.  ~Archibald MacLeish

***Have a great day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment