Sunday, October 19, 2014

Still Here

***Yep, I'm still here...working and trying to crawl out of the hole. My girls and I have gotten quite a bit done this weekend. Had an eventful day  yesterday - went to meet Emily & Johnny for lunch and a little shopping, had a great time! On the way back home Mark & I stopped at Gander Mountain to look at some handguns. All of a sudden my foot and ankle started hurting, and got worse and worse. I hadn't twisted or turned my ankle, it was weird. I didn't think I was going to make it to the car, every time I put weight on it, it was excruciating. My ankle was swollen and so painful! I spent the rest of the afternoon with it propped up on a pillow and a heating pad on it. It hurt all evening, and it killed me to know I had all this work to do. Much better this morning, so I've been working all day. It's still a little swollen and achy, but at least I can walk on it now without too much pain. I have no idea what brought that on.

***My apologies to Catholics, but your Pope is completely turning his back on the Bible. His comments about homosexuality and divorce are in direct contradiction to what God says.

"God is not afraid of new things. That is why he is continuously surprising us, opening our hearts and guiding us in unexpected ways," the pope said.

 He doesn't change His mind, sir. This is an abomination.

***Fleeing the leaky ship Obama. Kinda late to the party, no?


The ranking Republican on the Senate Judiciary Committee took the Obama administration to task Friday for its “irresponsible” plan to allow as many as 100,000 Haitians to immigrate to the U.S. without a visa.
Sen. Chuck Grassley of Iowa said the administration’s Haitian Family Reunification Parole Program — which will allow thousands of Haitians awaiting a U.S. visa to enter the country and legally apply for work permits — is “an irresponsible overreach of the executive branch’s authority.”
“Which countries are next on President Obama’s list?” Mr. Grassley said. “Will there by medical screenings before entry? Will work permits be granted automatically? How will this affect American workers?”

 C'mon, he doesn't care about American workers. He cares about Democrat votes.

***
funny cats (11) 
 
 
 If you think that sounds good, follow the link. There's a recipe there. 



***
dont stare 
 
***
Lord, our troubles
Are so great,
We don't know what to do;
The price for our
Iniquity
Is finally coming due.
The world is crumbling
All about;
No safe place can be found.
Right is wrong,
Wrong is right;
The change is quite profound.
Lord, we need
Your guiding light
To lead us out of here;
We'll focus on
Your Word, and prayer,
To take away our fear.
Temptations of
This dying world
We'll rule out and let go;
Give our burdens
All to you,
Shed all worldly woe.
That's how we'll
Get through this, Lord,
Fixed on heaven above,
Assured of your
protection, help,
And everlasting love.
By Joanna Fuchs
 
 
 
 
***Fall!
 
 
***With ISIS on the March and Ebola on the loose....Obama's out golfing
 
 


***
Flaming enthusiasm, backed up by horse sense and persistence,
is the quality that most frequently makes for success

Dale Carnegie

***Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment