Sunday, September 7, 2014

Perfect Peace

***Pastor James began with a quote from Lamentations this morning at the beginning of church. Seems he always picks scripture I need to hear. Or...maybe it's because I need to hear all of it. :-) This morning, it was Lamentations 3:22-24: "It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning; great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him."

In other words, no matter what's going on or how tempted I am to despair and give up, the Lord's compassion and love is always the same, new every morning, always there. What a great promise!

***Geez, I'm getting tired of this stuff: Bruce Levenson will sell Atlanta Hawks after self revealing racist email. No doubt he was about to be "outed" by our ever-offended friends on the Left. Okay, so he wrote a racist email. Before the Left went even more berserk, one's personal opinions didn't have to ruin one's life, no matter how dumb the opinion. It's okay for Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson to trash white people, but don't you dare let it go the other way. The world's gone nuts - which is why I say I needed the scripture James started with this morning.

***Obama regrets golfing after Foley death. Only because of the backlash. Certainly not because you know you should have honored him by at least pretending to be concerned.

And for the jaw-dropping comment of the day:

And he also admitted that sometimes his own performance in some of the more public rituals of the presidency was lacking.
"Part of this job, is also the theater of it.
"It's not something that always comes naturally to me. But it matters. And I'm mindful of that," Obama said.

 Theater, play-acting, is the only thing you ARE good at.

***                        Yup!








***The value of stay-at-home moms. I was always a working mother, but I can't argue with these points.

It was Rose Kennedy who said, "I looked on child rearing not only as a work of love and duty but as a profession that demanded the best that I could bring to it." Like Rose, I have found that indeed motherhood is a profession, and it certainly deserves the best I can bring to it.
What happens at home is central to a child's ability to function throughout his life. Home is where bonding takes place and a child learns to attach to relationships. When a child can attach, that means they learn to trust people. Learning to trust is essential for having healthy relationships throughout life.

Good article.

***Pot for the poor in California. Sometimes I think we'd be better off if California just broke off the U.S. and floated away.

In my experience with California’s lower income neighborhoods there is one item that is never reported to be in short supply.

Fathers are absent. Stable homes are absent. Jobs are absent. Education is absent. And due to state government incompetence, even water is absent.

But I’ve never heard anything about a shortage of marijuana.

And although I am unable to verify this from personal experience, those in the know say most consumers begin their search for wacky tobaccy in our less fortunate areas where local entrepreneurs are ready and able to meet demand.

This is why it was surprising when FOX News reported the Berkeley City Council unanimously passed on ordinance “ordering medical marijuana dispensaries to donate 2 percent of their stash to patients making less than $32,000 a year.”

Meaning Berkeley becomes the first city in the nation to offer dope stamps along with food stamps. It also makes one wonder if the no smoking rules in council chambers also apply to marijuana?

I would exclaim, "Unbelievable," but we're talking about California. 

***



***Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment