Friday, August 22, 2014

So What?

***The Government Accountability Office says the Pentagon broke the law when it swapped Bowie Bergdahl for 5 Taliban leaders. Don't forget that this was at the behest of Barack Obama - because the news media will certainly leave that little inconvenient factoid out. The reason I say "So What?" is because this administration is never held accountable for anything, and never will be as long as there is a Democrat-controlled Senate and a liberal hack news media who will continue to cover Obama's skinny behind and keep the myriad low information voters in the dark about what an evil, traitorous man he really is.

***Obama stands alone. He really does not care what anybody thinks. He proved that when he headed for the golf course after a tepid, cursory, wish-I-didn't-have-to-do-this statement about the beheading of an American journalist by terrorists, captured on video. What a slap in the face to patriotic Americans.


***Fraud in plain sight: Food stamps sold online for art, housing, cash. Aren't you happy to be paying for these people to live better than you do?

Food stamp recipients were selling their benefits online in exchange for money, housing or even art, according to a report federal investigators released Thursday that showed states manage to catch just a fraction of potential fraud in the sprawling program.
Use of the food stamps, now officially known as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, has skyrocketed under President Obama, reaching 47 million recipients at a cost of $76 billion last year. But states recovered just $74 million in fraudulent payments the previous year, according to the Government Accountability Office.
GAO investigators reviewed records from 11 states and found they lacked sufficient staff and tools to catch fraud in the ballooning program.

It's going to take a bunch of us banding together and refusing to pay our taxes before some of this crap is stopped. Or...we'll all be in jail together. One or the other.

***


***
After dying in a car crash, three friends go to Heaven for an orientation session. They are all asked the same question: "When you are in your casket and family and friends are mourning over you, what would you like to hear them say about you?"
The first guy responds: "I would like to hear them say that I was one of the greatest doctors of my time and a great family man".
The second guy says: "I would like to hear that I was a wonderful husband and a school teacher who made a huge difference in the children of tomorrow".
The third guy thinks for a while and then replies: "I guess I'd like to hear them say 'Look - he's moving!'"

***Comments by Christian singer Colton Dixon on the challenges of being famous and Christian. There would sure be a lot of temptation, no doubt about that.


"I remember being on 'American Idol' and feeling so disconnected and so alone," he recalled. " I hadn't talked to my family or my friends in what seemed like weeks because you're so busy doing other things and just kind of had to had that reassuring moment, like okay, I know God's still in this. [I] just needed to know I was doing the right thing, and after being encouraged and reassured of that, I was good to go."
Dixon hopes his struggle on "Idol" can be an inspiration to his fans going through a hard time.
"I think a lot of us struggle with doubt or whatever and it's in those moments that our faith is tested," the 22-year-old said. "You can either grow in your faith or you can take a step backwards and I just want to encourage people to trust that He's right there."

***


***From Jim Daly at Focus on the Family:

If you’ve had an eye on the news lately, you’ve no doubt heard reports about the terrorist group ISIS (Islamic State of Iraq and Syria), more recently known as “The Islamic State.”
They’re a well-armed Muslim extremist group sweeping throughout Iraq, exercising both military and political control over the regions they conquer.
Just the other day we saw grisly images of the beheading of the American journalist, James Foley. ISIS claimed responsibility for his murder.
Beyond the political complications usually addressed on the nightly news are disturbing accounts that hit much closer to home for all of us who profess the name of Christ.
Our fellow believers in Iraq are suffering intense persecution.
Thousands have been forced to flee their homes, their abandoned neighborhoods pillaged and destroyed. On the run, food and water are scarce, and survival is difficult. If they’re captured, families are torn apart. Women and children are often sold.
And these Christians face two choices – convert or die.

More at the link. Don't forget to pray for our Christian brothers and sisters who are going through such awful persecution.

***Abide With Me
by Henry Frances Lyte

Abide with me; fast falls the eventide;
the darkness deepens; Lord, with me abide.
When other helpers fail and comforts flee,
Help of the helpless, O abide with me.

Swift to its close ebbs out life's little day;
earth's joys grow dim; its glories pass away;
change and decay in all around I see;
O thou who changest not, abide with me.

I need thy presence every passing hour.
What but thy grace can foil the tempter's power?
Who, like thyself, my guide and stay can be?
Through cloud and sunshine, Lord, abide with me.

I fear no foe, with thee at hand to bless;
ills have no weight, and tears not bitterness.
Where is death's sting? Where, grave, thy victory?
I triumph still, if thou abide with me.

Hold thou thy cross before my closing eyes;
shine through the gloom and point me to the skies.
Heaven's morning breaks, and earth's vain shadows flee;
in life, in death, O Lord, abide with me.

***What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail? ~~ Dr. Robert Schuller

***Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment