2. Getting a degree matters, but getting the right degree matters even more.
3. Leave every job you have on good terms. Do not burn your bridges.
4. See the world while you still don’t have a ton of responsibilities.
5. Don’t live on the Internet. Go out and experience real life.
6. Don’t give up what you want most for what you want now.
7. Read. A lot.
8. Dress to impress.
9. Never pinch pennies on brakes or tires.
10. Never stop learning
11. Marry someone you consider your best friend.
12. All adventures in life start by just showing up.
13. Drama is never worth putting up with.
14. Value experiences over possessions.
15. Drive slow in bad weather.
16. Money comes and goes. Time just goes.
17. Don’t judge yourself on your intentions but your actions.
18. Always make new mistakes.
19. Don’t rely on other people to make you happy.
20. Bite less; chew more.
Pretty good advice for just about any age.
***I doubt if this will surprise many of you, but who do you think Obama considers the greatest threat to America? Americans...well, CONSERVATIVE Americans. This is the guy who is all about unity, remember? He has done his level best to divide us by race, income, religion, and anything else he can think of. I truly believe this man is evil to the core.
So, who does Obama think is the biggest threat to America? You would like to think he would say terrorists, but no, it’s conservatives in Congress who don’t bow down and approve of his policies. The Founding Fathers thought an executive branch that was too powerful was actually one of the biggest threats to freedom, it’s pretty ironic that Obama is saying the exact opposite.
From the Daily Caller:
Political conservatives are the greatest threat to the nation, President Barack Obama suggested in a kid-glove interview with the New York Times.“The president mused, the biggest threat to America — the only force that can really weaken us — is us,” said the interviewer, Thomas Friedman.“Our politics are dysfunctional… societies don’t work if political factions take maximalist positions,” said Obama, who repeatedly claims to be a moderate stymied by the GOP’s supposed obstructionism and radicalism.“And the more diverse the country is, the less it can afford to take maximalist positions,” Obama added.
***Very informative, interesting sermon today from Jeremiah. The false teachings back in that era remind me so much of what is going on today in our country. The leaders were telling people what they wanted to hear, and that is how they derived their power. People telling the truth such as Jeremiah were routinely abused and beaten, but he still stood up and proclaimed God's word. So must we also weather the storms and stand firm. It's hard not to become cynical and negative with all that's going on today, but we just have to remember God is always there, He sees everything that's going on, and He knows how best to deal with it. We just need to trust Him.
***Titanic facts: In case you were wondering.
- The ship was loaded with only enough lifeboats to hold half of the Titanic passengers. There were 20 of them with a total capacity of 1'178 people; many lifeboats were lowered to the waters only half-full.
- Further facts on the Titanic indicate that the ship received information earlier regarding the presence of ice floes in the vicinity, yet continued to speed full throttle ahead towards tragedy.
- Among the property reported as lost on the Titanic were over ,3000 bags of mail and an automobile.
- Each first class passenger paid a whopping $4,350 for a parlour suite ticket and $150 for a berth ticket.
- The ship contained a heated swimming pool, a first for any sailing vessel.
- The ship was still so brand new when passengers boarded it on April 10th, 1912 that some of the paint was still wet.
- Every stateroom contained electric lighting and heat.
- Of the 1,517 people of perished in the sinking of the Titanic, only 306 bodies were recovered.
- The largest percentage of survivors came from first class passengers.
- Even though directions have been given for women and children to board the lifeboats first, a number of men were reported as survivors while a surprisingly large number of women and children perished in the disaster. Most of the women and children lost in the sinking came from second and third class.
- Sadly, Captain Smith had made plans to retire after seeing the Titanic safely across the Atlantic on her maiden voyage.
- It cost $7,500,000 to build the Titanic.
- It took three years to fully construct the ship.
- Among the provisions when the Titanic set sail in Southampton, England were 40,000 eggs, 75,000 pounds of fresh meat and 1,000 bottles of wine.
- The Titanic's total capacity was 3,547 passengers + crew.
- The Titanic's weight fully loaded was 46,328 tons.
- The Titanic was 882 feet/268 meters long.
- There were 29 boilers on board of the ship.
- The ship consumed 825 tons of coal in one day.
- The top speed of the Titanic was 23 knots.
***He who labors diligently need never despair; for all things are accomplished by diligence and labor. ~~ Menander
***Have a great day!