It’s back-to-school season across the country. But in an increasing number of districts, “back to school” doesn’t mean back to learning. Under the reign of social justice indoctrinators, academics are secondary to political agitation. Activism trumps achievement.
In Massachusetts, the John J. Duggan Middle School will open on August 25 with a new name and mission. It is now a “social justice magnet school.” As a hiring advertisement for teachers explained earlier this year, the emphasis will be on “helping students develop the necessary skills to analyze and synthesize information and to generate empathy by looking at multiple sides of important issues facing the world, be that hunger, water quality, racial barriers, child labor or imbalance of power.”
Concise writing, as you can see, is not on the social justice pedagogues’ agenda.
Oh, and forget about memorizing times tables or mastering the scientific method. The new principal says the school’s primary job is teaching “fairness.” Duggan Middle School’s junior lobbying factory is “serious about creating 21st century global citizens, and it begins with understanding who we are as members of each of those communities.”
The ultimate goal of these social justice prep schools: creating left-wing political advocates.
***The Clintons on the beach. Oh.My.Gosh.
Don't forget Hillary's recent whining about just being one of us regular folks and not having much money. If you swallowed that, well...I believe you're beyond hope.Bill and Hillary Clinton are making the most of their downtime in the Hamptons.The former U.S. President and his ex-Secretary of State wife were pictured this morning enjoying a stroll on the beach in Amagansett, where they are paying $100,000 to rent an $18million five-bedroom property for three weeks.
Not flattering, honey.
***Loopy New Jersey judge opines that carrying a gun is worse than beating your wife. Yup, this is what we're up against.
***Tips for improving your terrible posture. I need to watch this since I sit all day.
***Good advice from 100-year-olds:
1. “Don’t look at the calendar. Just keep celebrating every day.”
2. “Invest in quality pieces, they never go out of style.”
3. “I make myself go out every day, even if it’s only to walk around the block. The key to staying young is to keep moving.”
4. “Exercise, to me, is totally unnecessary. I think it’s mostly overrated.”
5. “The use of vitamins? Forget it. And I don’t encourage going to a lot of doctors, either.”
6. “Fall in love, get married. Sex is to be encouraged.”
7. “Even if you feel hatred, keep it to yourself. Don’t hurt other people for any reason.”
8. “Don’t ever give up on love.”
9. “Nobody else controls you.”
10. “Make time to cry.”
Lots more at the link.
First time? That's me EVERY time.
***You have come into a hard world. I know of only one easy place in it, and that is the grave. ~Henry Ward Beecher
***Have a great day!