Saturday, August 30, 2014

Advertising Weakness

***Could it be more obvious that Barack Obama is not interested in protecting this country or her people?  Jonah Goldberg has a great piece over at National Review Online: Shhhhh, Mr. President.

Yesterday at his news conference, the president said he doesn’t have a strategy yet for the Islamic State. The blowback required the White House to send out his spinners like a farmer sending out his sons in search of a wayward hog. Personally, I don’t care that the president doesn’t have a strategy for the Islamic State — yet. One of the downsides of leading from behind is that it by definition allows problems to fester and become more complex. (“In other news today, six people burned to death as firefighters watched another building burn to the ground as part of Fire Chief Obama’s ‘firefighting from behind’ initiative.”)
How to deal with the Islamic State right now is a very tough question, particularly if you’re Barack Obama. What bothers me is his decision to announce to the world he has pretty much no idea what he’s doing. Taking your time to formulate a strategy, even — especially! — a strategy necessitated by your own mistakes and inattention is entirely defensible.
But when the world already thinks you’re weak, vacillating, and overwhelmed, saying in the pithiest way possible that you’re weak, vacillating, and overwhelmed strikes me as a mistake.

The Imams must be laughing their turbans off. What luck for them that we elected this weak-spined, know-nothing goober as our president. They KNOW he won't do anything about whatever they do, so they're pretty free to do whatever they want. Vladimir Putin as well must be thanking his lucky stars that his adversary knows nothing of foreign policy, and isn't afraid to broadcast his ignorance to the world.

OBAMA:  I don't want to put the cart before the horse.  We don't have a strategy yet.  I think what I've seen in some of the news reports suggests that folks are getting a little further ahead of where we're at than we currently are.  And I think that's not just my assessment, but the assessment of our military as well.  We need to make sure that we've got clear plans, that we're developing them.  At that point I will consult with Congress and make sure that their voices are heard.

Wow, Obama, really forceful there. You told the world you have no clue what to do. Nicely done. And on Russia?

OBAMA:  We are not taking military action to solve the Ukrainian problem.  What we're doing is to mobilize the international community to apply pressure on Russia.  But I think it is very important to recognize that a military solution to this problem is not gonna be forthcoming.

So, there you just told Putin he can basically do whatever he wants, because you won't do anything about it. This is making me nuts! I wish we could get him out of office right now, because I'm not sure we're gonna last until 2016.

***I'm pretty sure I'm never gonna make potato salad again. Well, at least not for a while. I made 5 lbs worth last week for mom's birthday party; this morning I made two more 5 lb batches, one for Kearami Redmond's fundraiser at our church, the other for a family reunion this afternoon. Gonna be another busy Saturday. Thank goodness Monday's a holiday, that'll give me some time to catch up on my work. 

***Will Obamacare mean the end of employer-provided insurance? THAT IS THE OBJECTIVE. That is the goal. Single payer, government run health care. The biggest power grab ever, and every Democrat's dream.

***Tony Stewart makes statement about Kevin Ward's death. I'm not a NASCAR fan, but it's my opinion that this was an accident. For what it's worth.

***



***From the "I Didn't Know That" file...

Bobby Leach, the first man to survive going over Niagara Falls in a barrel, later died by slipping on an orange peel.

***A "Fish Whisperer?"

Sewer fishing...what next...

***   :-)



***

“Oh could I raise the darken’d veil”

By Nathaniel Hawthorne
 
Oh could I raise the darken’d veil,
Which hides my future life from me,
Could unborn ages slowly sail,
Before my view—and could I see
My every action painted there,
To cast one look I would not dare.
There poverty and grief might stand,
And dark Despair’s corroding hand,
Would make me seek the lonely tomb
To slumber in its endless gloom.
Then let me never cast a look,
Within Fate’s fix’d mysterious book.


***17 Pearls of Wisdom

  1. It’s never as good as you hear or as bad as you feel.
  2. Learn to remember names.
  3. Do what you love.
  4. Remember that your best friend is the one who brings out the best that’s in you.
  5. Stay strong. Keep a stiff upper lip. Keep your shoulders back.
  6. Keep your heart free of hate. Keep your mind free from worry.
  7. Live simply, expect little, give much.
  8. Plan your work and work your plan. If you fail to plan, then plan to fail.
  9. Fill your mind full of God.
  10. A bad excuse is worse than none.
  11. Become a member of the DIN DIN club: Whatever you need to get done, do it now, do it now!
  12. Learn how to be a comfortable person to be around – like an old shoe.
  13. Do not carry the day into the night.
  14. Choose well, make good choices and remember all choices have consequences.
  15. Take a real interest in the organization that employs you.
  16. It’s never about you but others.
  17. Remember you have to make it a great day. Don’t assume that it will happen on its own.

***


***Without labor nothing prospers.  ~Sophocles

***Have a great day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment