Saturday, July 5, 2014

Who Woulda Thunk?

***It happens every time, and they just keep doing it: University to decrease jobs after state increases minimum wage.

Saginaw Valley State University (SVSU) is anticipating major cuts in student employment opportunities after budgeting for state mandated increases in Michigan’s minimum wage.
In an interview with The Valley Vanguard, Jim Muladore, SVSU executive vice president of administration and business affairs, estimated that Michigan’s minimum wage increase will cost the university approximately $760,000 annually by 2018.

Duh. Simple economics, completely ignored by the pinheads who claim to be so much smarter than the rest of us.

***Setbacks cast cloud over Obama's second term. Really, Captain Obvious?

***Pro-Amnesty crowd burns American flag.

***And from the How The Heck Does This Ignorant Woman Keep Getting Reelected Dept.:


During a House Homeland Security field hearing in McAllen, Texas, on Thursday, Ms. Jackson Lee showed the audience a bag of lollipops that she said she took to give to illegal immigrant children at border detention centers, Breitbart reported Thursday.
“This is not a national security crisis,” Ms. Jackson Lee emphasized, noting that she was not armed and did not fear for her life when visiting the children. She added that Border Patrol agents claimed the children were some of the most “orderly” and “behaved” children they have encountered.
But multiple reports indicate that dangerous gang members have already been caught crossing the border.
Rep. Lou Barletta, Pennsylvania Republican, said the federal government’s first priority is to protect American citizens, adding that he was “not convinced that we know enough about the children that are here” to believe they will do no harm, Breitbart reported.

Sheila Jackson-Lee is dumb beyond belief. Need proof? Glad you asked 
 
“Maybe I should offer a good thanks to the distinguished members of the majority, the Republicans, my chairman and others, for giving us an opportunity to have a deliberative constitutional discussion that reinforces the sanctity of this nation and how well it is that we have lasted some 400 years, operating under a constitution that clearly defines what is constitutional and what is not.”
Sheila Jackson Lee, March 12, 2014 Audio and/or video clip available
 
 
.“Let us vote to provide for unemployment insurance for working men and women so that faces across America will not have the tear of desperation on their faces.”
Sheila Jackson Lee, December 12, 2013 
 
 
“And what the President was doing, as he expressed from his heart, is to respond to the tragedy and the heeneousness of gassing children and using chemical weapons that went beyond the international convention of using chemical weapons.”
Sheila Jackson Lee, September 10, 2013 Audio and/or video clip available
 
 
“Don’t condemn the gangbangers, they’ve got guns that are trafficked, that are not enforced, that are straw purchased and they come into places even that have strong gun laws. Why? Because we don’t have sensible gun legislation.”
Sheila Jackson Lee, April 9, 2013 Audio and/or video clip available 
 
 
“You don't understand. I am a queen, and I demand to be treated like a queen.”
Sheila Jackson Lee, March 1998   

From "The Lid"
Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee took to the House floor Monday night and implied that the right to health care and education exists in the Constitution because it says so right there in The Declaration of Independence. If that sounds confusing it should as the Congresswoman mixed up (or has no knowledge of) this nation's founding documents.
“One might argue that education and health care fall into those provisions of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness,” she said.
Sorry Ms. Lee but the life, liberty pursuit of happiness "provision" as you described it is in the Declaration of Independence not in the constitution.  Perhaps they didn't teach you the difference in elementary school social studies, or perhaps that day you were pulled out of class for remedial shoes-tying class.



A reader named Joe wrote in to remind me that The Hill reported in 1997 that on a House Science Committee trip to the Mars Pathfinder Mission Control Center in Pasadena Jackson Lee had asked NASA officials whether the Mars Pathfinder photographed the U.S. flag that Neil Armstrong had planted on Mars.

 
Oh, I could go on and on...
 
***Hope you had a great 4th! We sure did. Food, Fun, Family, & FIreworks. Doesn't get any better than that!

***
                             Awwwww...




***Business executives pay fine for veteran facing eviction for flower pot flag. Can you believe this?

In an act of patriotism this Fourth of July, a pair of business executives has paid the fines for a Florida veteran who faced foreclosure for displaying a small American flag in a flower pot on his front stoop.
The two senior executives for Los Angeles-based Lear Capital had read the story of 73-year-old Larry Murphree, of Jacksonville, whose homeowners association at Tides Condominium at Sweetwater began hitting him with fines of $100 a day last year for violating his homeowners association’s flag display rules, and have offered to pay the bill which has climbed into the thousands.
“When we read his story  it offended our sensibilities,” Scott Carter, CEO of Lear Capital said to FoxNews.com. “The thought of him losing his home, we felt it was wrong. We wanted to help.”
Along with Lear Capital founder Kevin DeMerritt, the executives paid the $8,000 plus another $2,500 for tax adjustments.

I'm glad they did it, but appalled that it was necessary.

***Here's a shocker: Most union members have ties to government. It's all about control, people.

***Things you didn't know you could grill. Pizza, fruit, lettuce?

***


***Difference between men and women:



Woman 1: Oh! You got a haircut! That’s so cute!
Woman 2: Do you think so? I wasn’t sure when she was gave me the mirror. I mean, you don’t think it’s too fluffy looking?
Woman 1: Oh God no! No, it’s perfect. I’d love to get my hair cut like that, but I think my face is too wide. I’m pretty much stuck with this stuff I think.
Woman 2: Are you serious? I think your face is adorable. And you could easily get one of those layer cuts – that would look so cute I think. I was actually going to do that except that I was afraid it would accent my long neck.
Woman 1: Oh – that’s funny! I would love to have your neck! Anything to take attention away from this two-by-four I have for a shoulder line.
Woman 2: Are you kidding? I know girls that would love to have your shoulders. Everything drapes so well on you. I mean, look at my arms – see how short they are? If I had your shoulders I could get clothes to fit me so much easier.

Man 1: Haircut?
Man 2: Yeah.

***The world needs America to be a country of self-reliant warriors, not government-dependent, politically correct pussycats. Leave that to Europe. ~~ Alexis de Tocqueville

***Have a great day!
 
Woman 1: Oh! You got a haircut! That’s so cute! Woman 2: Do you think so? I wasn’t sure when she was gave me the mirror. I mean, you don’t think it’s too fluffy looking? Woman 1: Oh God no! No, it’s perfect. I’d love to get my hair cut like that, but I think my face is too wide. I’m pretty much stuck with this stuff I think. Woman 2: Are you serious? I think your face is adorable. And you could easily get one of those layer cuts – that would look so cute I think. I was actually going to do that except that I was afraid it would accent my long neck. Woman 1: Oh – that’s funny! I would love to have your neck! Anything to take attention away from this two-by-four I have for a shoulder line. Woman 2: Are you kidding? I know girls that would love to have your shoulders. Everything drapes so well on you. I mean, look at my arms – see how short they are? If I had your shoulders I could get clothes to fit me so much easier. Man 1: Haircut? Man 2: Yeah.

Read more at: Conversation Differences Between Men And Women | Great Clean Jokes

No comments:

Post a Comment