Sunday, July 13, 2014

Do As I Say...

***This morning I did what I preached to my kids never to do...I have a mouthful of humble pie. I was listening to my Phillips, Craig, & Dean CD too loud and didn't hear an Emergency Vehicle's siren until he was right behind me; he had to pass me on the wrong side of the road on 40. Fortunately, I was on my way to Praise Team practice and it was 8:30 a.m. on Sunday morning, so there wasn't much traffic and no one coming the other way, but that's not the point. I felt about 1" tall. Dummy.

***With all that's going on in our country and the world, what is the DOJ focusing on? A parade float critical of Obama. If that's not Orwellian, I don't know what is.

The U.S. Department of Justice sent a member of its "Community Relations Service team" to Norfolk, Nebraska, earlier this week, to look into allegations of discrimination over a controversial float in the town's Independence Day parade.
A meeting was convened on Thursday with the DOJ CRS team member, the NAACP, the Norfolk mayor and The Independent Order of Odd Fellows - the group that organized the parade.
The offending float included a zombie-like mannequin in overalls standing in front of an outhouse labeled “Obama Presidential Library.” This caused some of Norfolk's citizens to cry racism. 
Was the float in poor taste? Sure. Was it tacky? Oh yeah. Funny? That's in the eye of the beholder, I guess. I found it cringeworthy myself. But racist? I'm not seeing it. I see political satire. You don't like it? Write a letter to the editor. Come on, people.

As the writer says, the Obamamessiah shall not be mocked!!



The same people who are oh, so offended by stuff like this were telling us that "dissent is the highest form of patriotism" as they were trashing George W. Bush. Liberal = Hypocrite. Always has, always will.

***Five fatty foods that are good for you.

***Not the sharpest knife in the drawer....



***Great. Gangs using border as recruiting hub. Send them to Chicago. They have really tight gun control there, so they obviously won't hurt anyone.

If you voted for Obama, this is partly your fault.

***Annals of government incompetence.

In a neglected speech by Calvin Coolidge entitled “The Limitations of the Law,” given to the American Bar Association in 1922 (but not available online that I’ve been able to find), Coolidge offers the following observation on one of the inherent defects of the Progressive theory of the Administrative State:
Under this weight [of ever larger government] the former accuracy of administration breaks down.  The government has not at its disposal a supply of ability, honesty, and character necessary for the solution of all these problems, or an executive capacity great enough for their perfect administration.  Nor is it in possession of a wisdom which enables it to take in great enterprises and manage them with no ground of criticism.  We cannot rid ourselves of the human element in our affairs by an act of legislation which places them under a jurisdiction of a public commission. . .  Its attempt must be accompanied with the full expectation of very many failures. . .

Such wisdom, something that is in very short supply in Washington. D.C.

***


***


***The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.~~ Chinese proverb

***Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment