Thursday, June 19, 2014

Thunderstorm!

***I shut down and unplugged my PC, we're having quite a storm here in eastern Indiana. The last thing I need is a fried computer. I'm enjoying the sound of the thunderstorm while I blog a bit on my laptop. Still have lots of work to do, as usual, but a little break is kinda nice.

***These are great - National Review Online challenged Twitter users to describe Hillary in three words - so many possibilities...

"No Accomplishments Whatsoever"
" 'Struggling' One Percenter"
"Only Honest Accidentally"
"Lifetime of Lying"
"Finish America Off" (my personal favorite)
"Obama's Third Term" (my personal nightmare)
"Bill's Second Choice"

Follow the link for more.

***Lie, delay, deny:

“They don’t care.”
As Obama administration officials pivot like haywire jewelry-box ballerinas to divert attention away from the nationwide Veterans Affairs disgrace, a reader who has been fighting the system urged me to urge Capitol Hill and the American public to stay focused.
This former Special Forces soldier and medic served his country for 25 years. He worked in the health care field managing military field medical clinics. “I know how health care is supposed to run, even in austere or low-budget environments,” he says. And in his nightmarish, ongoing experience, the VA is an epic, deadly, monstrous failure. He minces no words: “They’re getting billions of dollars, and they treat veterans like s-t. There’s no accountability, no buy-in, among civilian unionized employees. We mean nothing to them. It’s like going to the DMV for your health care.”

Nothing about this administration is right or good. Absolutely nothing.

***Kevin McCarthy is new majority leader, succeeding Eric Cantor. I have to admit, I don't know a lot about him. Now I'll have to educate myself.

***

***Well, the storm's dying down. Guess I'm gonna have to get back to work shortly. My front yard looks like a pond.

***From Commentary:

“A fair-minded reading of the facts, I think, shows that when Mr. Obama was sworn in, the Iraq war had more or less been won. Things were fragile to be sure. But the errors that were made during the occupation of Iraq following the fall of Saddam, which were extremely costly, were corrected in 2007. . . . By the time the surge ended in 2008, violence in Iraq had dropped to the lowest level since the first year of the war. Sectarian killings had dropped by 95 percent. By 2009, U.S. combat deaths were extremely rare. (In December of that year there were no American combat deaths in Iraq.) Iraq was on the mend. Even Barack Obama, who opposed the surge every step of the way, conceded in September 2008 that it had succeeded in reducing violence ‘beyond our wildest dreams.’” Joe Biden was calling it a “great achievement” for the Obama/Biden Administration in 2010. But then Obama screwed up in Libya and, especially, Syria and it all went to hell.

Fair assessment, in my opinion.

***Camping tips:

When using a public campground, a tuba placed on your picnic table will keep the campsites on either side vacant.

When smoking a fish, never inhale.

Lint from your navel makes a handy fire starter. Warning: Remove lint from navel before applying the match.

A potato baked in the coals for one hour makes an excellent side dish. A potato baked in the coals for three hours makes an excellent hockey puck.

The guitar of the noisy teenager at the next campsite makes excellent kindling.

***


***How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct. ~~ Benjamin Disraeli

***Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment