Sunday, June 22, 2014

Sandwiched

***Sometimes I'm at a loss as to what to name my posts each day. Today, my title comes from the fact that I'm blogging in between clients...sandwiched, if you will.

Okay, moving right along...

***From "Greater" from the CD "Welcome to the New"  by MercyMe. Honestly, you gotta get this CD. It's all about the message of grace - easily my all time favorite CD up to this point.

There are days I lose the battle
Grace says that it doesn't matter
'Cause the Cross already won the war.

I am learning to run freely
Understanding just how He sees me
And it makes me love Him more and more

He's greater!

And I hear a voice and it calls me redeemed
When others say I'll never be enough
And greater is the One living inside of me
Than he who is living in the world.

***Well, whaddya know: IRS cancelled contract with E-mail storage firm weeks after Lerner's computer crash. Don't forget - the IRS is in charge of enforcing Obamacare. Chew on that.


***Check out these trademarks that are apparently less offensive than "Redskins."

Here are a few:

Figgas over Niggas: This pending trademark seeks to cover a line of “Apparel for dancers, namely, tee shirts, sweatshirts, pants, leggings, shorts and jackets.” “Niggas,” of course, is a slang version of the word “nigger,” a term considered highly offensive towards black Americans.
Kraut Kap: Another recently-filed trademark, this one for a line of plastic lids. “Kraut” was made famous in World War II as a derogatory term for opposing German soldiers, as well as Germans in general.
Dago Swagg: A label created for a line of clothing. ”Dago” is a corruption of the common name Diego, and is used in English-speaking countries as an offensive term for those of Italian descent, and occasionally people from other Mediterranean countries as well.


***


One?

***How to get rid of ants. Ohhhh...I hate those big black carpenter ants. I especially can't stand it when I see one on my kitchen counter. I sprayed all along my baseboards when I saw one and so far, so good.


***



***Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment