Wednesday, June 25, 2014

IRS Corruption

***It's rampant throughout our government, but the IRS is particularly egregious because of their power over our lives.

“For understandable reasons, the IRS scandal has largely focused on the political question of whether the White House deliberately targeted its opponents. To date there’s no evidence that it did. That’s good for the president, but it may not be good for the country, because if the administration didn’t target opponents, that would mean the IRS has become corrupt all on its own. . . . The Democratic party today is, quite simply, the party of government and the natural home of the managerial class. It is no accident, as the Marxists say, that the National Treasury Employees Union, which represents the IRS, gave 94 percent of its political donations during the 2012 election cycle to Democratic candidates openly at war with the Tea Party — the same group singled out by Lois Lerner. The American Federation of Government Employees, which represents the VA, gave 97 percent of its donations to Democrats at the national level and 100 percent to Democrats at the state level.”

If that doesn't scare you, I don' t know what will.

***Looks like Rangel is gonna hang on. Honestly, in some districts I think it would take public mutilation of an animal for people to vote against their corrupt representatives. Rangel should have been kicked out by his peers a long time ago, but there he is. Yet another great argument for term limits. The people in his district must be the same kind of dumb as the ones in Pelosi's and Jackson-Lee's. Unfortunately, the rest of us get stuck with these idiots. This race is close, but he'll find a way to steal it if he doesn't win it outright.

***This is a great story: "American Idol" finalist Jason Castro trades pop success for God.

Castro told CBN that loneliness began to take a toll on him, and being away from his family and his church took him in a direction away from God. He also admitted that he had been struggling with physical exhaustion, "It started to feel a little meaningless. Why am I doing this? To make a name for myself? To make some money? I started to really have a longing to have more God in my life," Castro said.
"I struggled to stay close to God on the road. I wanted more God in my life and as a part of that I wanted more God in my music," he continued.
"I got to this point where I realized God doesn't want me to do anything on my own. He wants me to give it all to Him and trust Him with everything. And you know it really changed everything for me to kind of let go of everything and realize that God can take care of it," Castro mirrored.

Read the whole thing.

***


***U.S. Economy drastically shrinking. Trust me, Fox News is the only place you'll find out about this to any measurable degree. 

The U.S. economy shrank at 2.9 percent annual rate in in the first quarter, a far more alarming downward pace than announced in two previous government estimates, according to the Commerce Department.
The figure is nearly three times lower than the  preliminary estimate of 1 percent released last month, and marks the worst performance for a three-month period since 2009. A still earlier initial estimate, in April, predicted growth of .1 percent for the quarter. The sluggish economy's woes have been widely attributed to an unusually cold winter, but the latest figure - the biggest difference between second and third estimates since 1976 - could show the problems are bigger than that.
The Commerce Department said its final revision reflected a weaker-than-expected pace of healthcare spending, which caused a downgrading of the consumer spending estimate. Trade was also a bigger drag on the economy than previously thought, Reuters reported.

***Seriously? Seattle woman sees a drone peeping into her window. Well, I certainly hope she's mistaken. 

***


***
What Would You Change?
By


When talking with people about their life, or their job, or their current situation I always ask: "What one thing would you change about your life?"

People always have an answer for what would make their life better. Before you read further,
think about what one thing you could change in your life. The one thing that would make your life better.

Okay, hold your thought.

My next question to you is: "What are you doing to make that change come true?"

So often people answer the first question with no problem. Everyone can think of the one thing that would make life better for them. But people are not so quick to answer the second question:
"What are you doing to make that change come true."

Sadly, most people take no action to change their current situation. I often use the saying: "May All Your Dreams Turn Into Goals"

Take your dream, start taking action, and before you know it your dream will be a reality. It really works!

I can speak from personal experience. I have had many dreams, which I turned into goals and now they are my reality. When I first started setting goals I never imagined that they would have such an impact on my life. It's awesome to have a dream, and then to see that dream come true.

The dreams I only thought about, the ones I took no action on, well they are still dreams.

But the ones that I took action on, they are now a reality. I have accomplished things in my life that I never realized I had the potential to achieve.

YOU also have the potential!


***


***I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. ~~ Confucius

***Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment