Sunday, June 15, 2014

God the Father

***
Yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist. I Cor. 8:6


Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places... Eph. 1:3

Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority, but the Father who dwells in me does his works. Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me, or else believe on account of the works themselves.   John 14:9-11

And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world.  I John 4:14

I and the Father are one. John 10:30

***Prophetic:

Ronald Reagan: 
And what is Fascism? Fascism is private ownership, private enterprise, but total government control and regulation. Well, isn’t this the liberal philosophy?
.
The conservative, so-called, is the one that says ‘less government, get off my back, get out of my pocket, and let me have more control of my own destiny.’

***Debacle

This is a moment when we need a Churchill and what we have is the man who sent Churchill’s bust home — a nowhere man whose only demonstrable skill is fund-raising. (In that way, however,  he was even outdone by Abu Bakr himself who evidently snatched several hundred million for his cause from Mosul banks in one day.) 

I believe we are in serious danger. We had won the war in Iraq, they had Democratic elections and we had an ally in an area where we need it most. This president and his liberal followers have completely thrown away what our brave military accomplished. This makes me sick to my stomach.

***Happy Father's Day from Jim Daly at Focus on the Family. 

In my latest book, “The Good Dad,” I spent a lot of time and pages on the importance of dads simply “being there” for their kids.
“Our kids aren’t asking for perfection,” I wrote. “They’re asking for our presence – to show up for the job each and every day. They’re asking us to be there for them, to guide them, to hug them.”
When we’re there with them, accompanying them in the trenches of everyday life, we’re able to serve as a guiding influence over our children. We can impart our wisdom, share our love and make a big difference by helping them in a million little ways.

Many men are “stepping up”

baby holding father's pinky
On Father’s Day men are used to hearing messages encouraging them to “step up” or “man up.” That’s a good thing and a needed message in today’s culture.
But I also know there are plenty of good guys doing the right thing out there. They’re strapping babies into car seats and checking in on that toddler who’s a little too quiet. They’re fixing the leaky toilets, helping with the dishes and going to work every day so they can provide for their families.

I appreciate the father my husband has been to our children. He was very involved and a wonderful example when they were growing up, and he has always loved them unconditionally. He provided a spiritual example that I believe will always be a part of their lives. We love you, Mark!

***


***Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

***Have a wonderful Fathers Day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment