Sunday, June 8, 2014

Back From the Windy City

***Just got back from a weekend in Chicago. My nephew works for the Cubs, and Peter's dad is a big Cubs fan, so he got us great tickets along the first base line for Saturday's game. It was an absolutely beautiful day and the Cubs won! We had a wonderful time. Mark, Emily, Johnathan, and I had gone shopping earlier in the day, then after the game we walked several blocks trying to figure out where we wanted to eat. I don't know how many miles I walked over the weekend, but my legs and feet are telling me it was several!

Derek even got us down on the field to have our picture taken on the on-deck circle.


Now it's back to the real world and trying to catch up with my work! I got up early yesterday morning and worked for about four hours, and my typists worked their little fingers off. I'm very thankful for them!

The biggest drawback to the weekend was the expense. You practically have to pay to breathe. It cost us about $80.00 just to park our car for the weekend. Lots of things to see and do, but I really dislike the traffic and congestion. Great place to visit occasionally, though!

***Hillary may wait until 2015 to announce bid. With any luck, she'll be in jail by then.

***No Triple Crown winner this year.

***Kerry says it's "baloney" that releasing Taliban detainees too risky for troops. Five of their top savages committed to killing Americans and anyone else they deem infidels, but nooooo...no risk to the brave men and women who protect us. What an utter imbecile.

***



***
"One of the sanets, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others." Archibald Rutledge


***Have a great day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment