Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Welcome to the New

***I have to plug Mercy Me's new CD, "Welcome to the New." It is chock full of great lyrics and fun music. The theme of the CD is God's grace, how we are made new because of Christ's finished work on the cross, and how nothing we do can pluck us out of His hand. It really is their best CD yet. Buy it!

***Crazy, busy day. Wanted to jump on and blog just a bit, though, before diving back in. I have a new client now...how I'm gonna keep up with all this, I have no idea!

***Oh, I like this: GOP legislation would cut off Holder's salary.

A Republican lawmaker has introduced legislation that would cut off pay to Attorney General Eric Holder and other federal officials who have been held in contempt of Congress.
Rep. Blake Farenthold, R-Texas, introduced the "Contempt Act" on Tuesday, less than a week after alluding to the measure during a contentious House Judiciary Committee hearing where Holder faced criticism from GOP lawmakers.
"The American people should not be footing the bill for federal employees who stonewall Congress or rewarding government officials’ bad behavior," Farenthold said in a statement. "If the average American failed to do his or her job, he or she would hardly be rewarded."

He's right.

***Ben Carson: White House wanted me to apologize for "offending" Obama. Have you ever seen such a thin-skinned, childish president?

Conservative sage Dr. Ben Carson is claiming the White House was offended by his now-famous keynote address at the 2013 National Prayer Breakfast and asked at the time for an apology call to President Obama -- which he didn’t make.
The anecdote is found in Carson’s upcoming book “One Nation: What We Can All Do to Save America’s Future.”
Carson, who became a conservative sensation after the address, was highly critical of the direction of the country though he never blamed the president, who was sitting just a few feet away.
“He did not appear to be hostile or angry,” Carson wrote in the book.
“But within a matter of minutes after the conclusion of the program, I received a call from some of the prayer breakfast organizers saying that the White House was upset and requesting that I call the president and apologize for offending him. I said that I did not think that he was offended and that I didn’t think that such a call was warranted.”

***                                   Horse selfie:


***
I Can't Remember
by anonymous

Just a line to say I'm living
that I'm not among the dead,
Though I'm getting more forgetful
and mixed up in my head

I got used to my arthritis
to my dentures I'm resigned,
I can manage my bifocals
but God, I miss my mind

For sometimes I can't remember
when I stand at the foot of the stairs,
If I must go up for something
or have I just come down from there?

And before the fridge so often
my poor mind is filled with doubt,
Have I just put food away, or
have I come to take some out?

And there's a time when it is dark
with my nightcap on my head,
I don't know if I'm retiring, or
just getting out of bed

So, if it's my turn to write you
there's no need for getting sore,
I may think I have written
and don't want to be a bore

So, remember that I love you
and wish that you were near,
But now it's nearly mail time
So I must say goodbye, dear

There I stand beside the mail box
with a face so very red,
Instead of mailing you my letter
I opened it instead


***

***
Committee--a group of men who individually can do nothing but as a group decide that nothing can be done. ~~ Fred Allen

***Have a Great Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment