Saturday, April 19, 2014

The Top 10

***...reasons to vote Democrat.



10. I’ll vote Democrat because I can’t wait for college football season to be delayed or cancelled because the student athletes are union employees.


9. I’ll vote Democrat because I believe oil company’s profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene, but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn’t.


 

8. I’ll vote Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.


 

7. I’ll vote Democrat because Freedom of Speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.




6. I’ll vote Democrat because I’m way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves. I am also thankful that we have a 911 service that get police to your home in order to identify your body after a home invasion.


 

5. I’ll vote Democrat because I’m not concerned about millions of babies being aborted so long as we keep all death row inmates alive and comfy.


 

4. I’ll vote Democrat because I think illegal aliens have a right to free health care, education, and Social Security benefits, and we should take away the Social Security from those who paid into it.


 

3. I’ll vote Democrat because I believe that businesses should NOT be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as the Democrats see fit.


 

2. I’ll vote Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would never get their agendas past the voters.


 

And the Number One reason I’ll vote Democrat is:


 

1. I’ll vote Democrat because I think that it’s better to pay billions for oil to people who hate us, but not drill our own because it might upset some endangered beetle, gopher, fish or frog.

***
He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed.
1 Peter 2:24

***Ben Carson honors scholars. Liberals talk about doing stuff like this, and then demand money from those who earn it to make it happen...then feel all warm and fuzzy. Conservatives make it happen on their own.  


With former newscaster Sam Donaldson serving as Master of Ceremonies, the Carson Scholars Fund recognized Kirk Cameron, Aubrey Chernick, and Brooks Robinson at a banquet held April 6 in Woodland, MD. Founded by the legendary pediatric neurosurgeon, the Carson Scholars Fund “awards students who have embraced high levels of academic excellence and community service with $1,000 college scholarships.” The Fund additionally recognizes three notable figures with the Leadership Award, the Sonya Award, and the Power of Excellence Award.
Actor and producer Kirk Cameron was presented with the Power of Excellence Award, “for demonstrating excellence in his career and becoming a positive role model.” Aubrey Chernick, a technology and media entrepreneur and philanthropist, was awarded the Leadership Award for “positively impacting society with innovative ideas, accomplishments, and philosophies.” Baltimore baseball legend Brooks Robinson received the Sonya Award, which recognizes an individual who “demonstrates the drive, determination, commitment and perseverance of Dr. Carson’s mother, Sonya.”


***Mom & I are going on our first yard sale excursion today!  We've been ready for this for weeks! Gonna stop in the middle for music rehearsal at my church, then we'll be back at it! Hope there are some good ones in the paper today.

***


 ***I'm sure you've read the "Don't Drink Bottled Water That's Been Left in a Warm Car!" hysteria. Facebook is alive with urban legends, and it seems that most of them involve food and drink. I pretty much ignore all food-related posts (unless it's a good recipe, of course). 

***College soccer player deathly allergic to her own sweat. Well, that's gotta be inconvenient.

***How can runners be saved from cardiac arrest? Um...do I need to state the obvious?

***             Sigh....so true...



***7-year-old boy raises more than $750,000 to help his friend, who has a rare disease. This is great! This kid's gonna do great things in his life.





He was despised and rejected by men;
a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief;
and as one from whom men hide their faces
he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
Surely he has borne our griefs
and carried our sorrows;
yet we esteemed him stricken,
smitten by God, and afflicted.
But he was pierced for our transgressions;
he was crushed for our iniquities;
upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace,
and with his wounds we are healed.
All we like sheep have gone astray;
we have turned—every one—to his own way;
and the Lord has laid on him
the iniquity of us all.
He was oppressed, and he was afflicted,
yet he opened not his mouth;
like a lamb that is led to the slaughter,
and like a sheep that before its shearers is silent,
so he opened not his mouth.
By oppression and judgment he was taken away;
and as for his generation, who considered
that he was cut off out of the land of the living,
stricken for the transgression of my people?
And they made his grave with the wicked
and with a rich man in his death,
although he had done no violence,
and there was no deceit in his mouth.
-Isaiah 55:3-9



***
Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough. ~~ Og Mandino

***Have a great day!

10. I’ll vote Democrat because I can’t wait for college football season to be delayed or cancelled because the student athletes are union employees.
9. I’ll vote Democrat because I believe oil company’s profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene, but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn’t.


8. I’ll vote Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.


7. I’ll vote Democrat because Freedom of Speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.


6. I’ll vote Democrat because I’m way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves. I am also thankful that we have a 911 service that get police to your home in order to identify your body after a home invasion.


5. I’ll vote Democrat because I’m not concerned about millions of babies being aborted so long as we keep all death row inmates alive and comfy.


4. I’ll vote Democrat because I think illegal aliens have a right to free health care, education, and Social Security benefits, and we should take away the Social Security from those who paid into it.


3. I’ll vote Democrat because I believe that businesses should NOT be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as the Democrats see fit.


2. I’ll vote Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would never get their agendas past the voters.


And the Number One reason I’ll vote Democrat is:


1. I’ll vote Democrat because I think that it’s better to pay billions for oil to people who hate us, but not drill our own because it might upset some endangered beetle, gopher, fish or frog.


Read more at http://allenbwest.com/2014/04/top-10-reasons-vote-democrat-2014%e2%80%a8%e2%80%a8/#wuB7TujJmMMXFFfc.99

No comments:

Post a Comment