Sunday, April 20, 2014

By His Wounds...

***...we are healed.



***Pastor James had a great illustration this morning regarding the Resurrection. He used the game Jenga. You can pull out little things that won't really matter in eternity, such as how many times a month you celebrate Communion, your style of music, whether or not you should have your head covered, etc. and your faith will not suffer. Take out the Resurrection, however, and the whole thing comes tumbling down. If Jesus is still in the tomb, we have nothing to hope for. Thank God that's not the case.

***Another thing about this morning - we did a lot of music, and most of it I just learned yesterday in practice. Kristina, Carla, and I did a trio with live music; Lisa on her keyboard (she made it sound like an organ, it was great), Craig on drums, and Oliver on acoustic guitar. We practiced our song together for the first time yesterday. This morning during practice it seemed like we just couldn't get the timing right, and it was mostly me making the mistakes. I'm not normally nervous before a special if there are others up there with me, but I sure was this morning. I prayed and prayed that I wouldn't ruin the song, and that the congregation would be uplifted and blessed by our special, and the other new praise songs we worked on. The song went well, just one little flub that I don't think anyone noticed but us. The rest of the songs went pretty well, too. I said all that to say this - a lady in our church and her husband stopped me as I got in my car. She had tears in her eyes and said she wanted to let us  know how much the music this morning touched her. You know, that's worth all the work and the nerves and everything. Church should be like an oasis in this crazy world, a place where you can recharge and learn and strengthen your faith to face another week. If what we do as a music ministry helps do that, it's well worth the time and effort.



***“Easter says you can put truth in a grave, but it won't stay there.” -- Clarence W. Hall

***Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment