Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Short & Sweet!

***Okay, I don't know about the "sweet" part. I feel like I'm in a whirlpool, sinking fast! My docs have all hit me at the same time, big time! I'm very happy to have the work, and even MORE happy to have two great typists to help me with it, but it's almost too much to keep up with. Gonna be another 12-14 hour day today. I promised myself I'd start walking today, but I'm not sure when I'm gonna fit that in.

***CPAC straw poll. Well, Rand Paul is good on some issues, but he's certainly not at the top of my list. Scott Walker, Rick Perry, or Mike Pence are my top picks.

Who do you support as Republican nominee for President in 2016
Selection Votes 
Kelly Ayotte 0%54 
Sam Brownback 0%
Ben Carson 2%312 
Chris Christie 2%254 
Ted Cruz 20%2,971 
Mitch Daniels 2%299 
Nikki Haley 0%72 
Mike Huckabee 0%56 
Bobby Jindal 4%545 
Susana Martinez 0%64 
Sarah Palin 5%778 
Rand Paul 26%3,864 
Mike Pence 1%86 
Rick Perry 5%788 
Rob Portman 0%37 
Condoleezza Rice 3%443 
Marco Rubio 2%236 
Paul Ryan 4%530 
Rick Santorum 0%72 
Tim Scott 0%31 
John Thune 0%23 
Donald Trump 0%29 
Scott Walker 21%3,187 
Allen West 2%268 
15,007 total 
pollcode.com free polls
- See more at: http://poll.pollcode.com/95595618_result?v#sthash.aMvmVioe.dpuf
***Dems declare war on weather! What a bunch of idiots. Do you think maybe there are a few more important issues to concentrate on, guys?

You could look at it as a filibuster without the bill.
After the last round of votes concludes Monday night, 28 senators plan to talk the night away in series of speeches delivered on the chamber floor, focused on climate change.
Although some call it a political stunt, the senators insist the event -- organized by the Climate Action Task Force -- will raise public awareness about global warming and how to stem it. 

  Sheesh.

***DeBlasio hit with three new lawsuits in charter school shutdowns. Good.

***


***


After Prayers, Lie Cold by C. S. Lewis

Arise my body, my small body, we have striven
Enough, and He is merciful; we are forgiven.
Arise small body, puppet-like and pale, and go,
White as the bed-clothes into bed, and cold as snow,
Undress with small, cold fingers and put out the light,
And be alone, hush'd mortal, in the sacred night,
-A meadow whipt flat with the rain, a cup
Emptied and clean, a garment washed and folded up,
Faded in colour, thinned almost to raggedness
By dirt and by the washing of that dirtiness.
Be not too quickly warm again. Lie cold; consent
To weariness' and pardon's watery element.
Drink up the bitter water, breathe the chilly death;
Soon enough comes the riot of our blood and breath.



***Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip. ~~ Will Rogers

***Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment