Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Pressing On

***This was my devotional today from "A Daybook of Grace."

Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. - Philippians 3:13-14


God is all knowing and able to direct our steps so we can press forward confidently - even when the future is uncertain. Since we are assured of His constant presence and help every day throughout the year, we should embrace the New Year - and each day - with a spirit of perseverance and confidence in our Heavenly Father.

Since the way God directs our steps is through the Bible, this year I'm determined to spend more time studying it. I'm keeping this devotional book at my desk and am committed to studying the daily readings before I start my busy day. It's a nice devotional, the only thing I have against it is it uses the NIV. When I refer to it in my blog, I'll be using the KJV for the Bible verses. :-) 

***Fiscal cliff deal passes. I have an awful sense of foreboding, but I've had it since the election.

***Victor Davis Hansen: 2013: Welcome to very, very scary times.

***


***Michael Moore: Incredible Idiot.

***Obama flying back to Hawaii. Oh, isn't that grand.

***Bike Taxi



Sheesh.

***
A ship in the harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for. Proverb
Taking risks, venturing out of our comfort zone is a factor to live the live that you are currently only dreaming of. If you don't move beyond where you are today then you will never be more or have more.  


***"There is no better teacher than adversity. Every defeat, every heartbreak, every loss, contains its own seed, its own lesson on how to improve your performance the next time." Og Mandino 

***Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment