Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The Day After

***We have some serious weather going on here. Of course, I had to get out in the Tahoe. I think it's fun to drive in the snow in a 4 wheel drive, most people think I'm nuts. I did need to go to the store for a couple of things. Mark's family is still planning to be here this evening for dinner, and my niece that we seldom get to see loves my banana pudding. The bananas I have are looking pretty sad, so I wanted some fresh ones. The store is only a couple of miles away. If you drive like you have some sense, you can get around. It's really blowing and snowing, though. It's gonna get worse before it gets better, so if you have to get out, drive carefully! (Like you need to be told that....)

***Six awesome uses for Mason jars. I like the lantern idea. Wish I had some creative talent...



***Wow, 75% off at Amazon.com on clothing and accessories.

***More liberal hypocrisy...big surprise there.

But assuming, as Gregory stated, that the magazine was for an AR-15, then why shouldn’t Gregory and the staffers to and from whom the magazine was transferred, be prosecuted?  Particularly in light of Gregory’s aggressive demand for more guns laws.
Certainly, if LaPierre had shown up with that magazine, there would be howls of gotcha, and widespread media demands for prosecution. Why should NBC News and its star be above the law?
There’s another lesson here.
Gregory’s possible violation of the law was exposed by the conservative blogosphere, which also pointed out that Gregory sends his kids to a school with armed security at the same time he was mocking the NRA suggestion of armed security in schools.

Read the whole thing.

***


***And herein lies the source of a lot of the problems in our country: Fathers disappear from households across America.


Nicole Hawkins‘ three daughters have matching glittery boots, but none has the same father. Each has uniquely colored ties in her hair, but none has a dad present in her life.
As another single mother on Sumner Road decked her row-house stoop with Christmas lights and a plastic Santa, Ms. Hawkins recalled that her middle child’s father has never spent a holiday or birthday with her. In her neighborhood in Southeast Washington, 1 in 10 children live with both parents, and 84 percent live with only their mother.
In every state, the portion of families where children have two parents, rather than one, has dropped significantly over the past decade. Even as the country added 160,000 families with children, the number of two-parent households decreased by 1.2 million. Fifteen million U.S. children, or 1 in 3, live without a father, and nearly 5 million live without a mother. In 1960, just 11 percent of American children lived in homes without fathers.

***Look what God has done!

***Obama cuts vacation short as fiscal cliff looms. Oh, the poor dear.

***That's okay, though, Michelle's staying - costing taxpayers over $100,000.

***


***My Cup Has Overflowed

I've never made a fortune,
and it's probably too late now.
But I don't worry about that much,
I'm happy anyhow.

And as I go along life's way,
I'm reaping better than I sowed.
I'm drinking from my saucer,
'Cause my cup has overflowed.

Haven't got a lot of riches,
and sometimes the going's tough.
But I've got loving ones all around me,
and that makes me rich enough.

I thank God for his blessings,
and the mercies He's bestowed.
I'm drinking from my saucer,
'Cause my cup has overflowed.

I remember times when things went wrong,
My faith wore somewhat thin.
But all at once the dark clouds broke,
and the sun peeped through again.

So Lord, help me not to gripe,
about the tough rows I have hoed.
I'm drinking from my saucer,
'Cause my cup has overflowed.

If God gives me strength and courage,
When the way grows steep and rough.
I'll not ask for other blessings,
I'm already blessed enough.

And may I never be too busy,
to help others bear their loads.
Then I'll keep drinking from my saucer,
'Cause my cup has overflowed.

-- Author Unknown

***The first duty of a leader is to make himself be loved without courting love. To be loved without 'playing up' to anyone - even to himself. ~~ Andre Malreaux

***Have a great day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment