Saturday, November 24, 2012

Union Fizzle

***So, the unions were going to try to hurt Wal-Mart's business by protesting - Wal-Mart set a Black Friday record this year. Hey, I think some businesses are going to start asking the Left to boycott them. Seems to be a sure-fire way to increase their bottom line.

The group is putting up a valiant media effort, but the result is . . . underwhelming. USA Today called the protests "scattered".  "Walmart protests draw hundreds nationwide", said a CNN headline. According to the Hartford Courant, "Walmart Protests Send A Message But Fail To Deter Crowds".  Perhaps the saddest note came from an Alabama paper: "No Walmart workers in attendance at Mobile Walmart picketing".

When unions fail, America wins.

***Here's how a lot of self-starters are going to handle the marginal tax rates:

I work in commission sales. I’ve earned a very nice income right below that $250K “threshold”. I’ve spent all of 2011 and 2012 in downsizing my expenses, paying off all debts, and conversing with my wife about how to best enjoy our now empty-nest status. A big part of our consideration is how much various taxing entities will be taking a piece of my hard-earned dollars. As a result, we will significantly reduce my income in 2013 so that I have a LOT more time to enjoy life. We’ll be very comfortable and my employer is very comfortable with me since I’m dependable and will reach my production goals that we’ve mutually agreed to. Could I earn a lot more? Yes. But I won’t because I don’t need to send any more dollars to Washington DC.

***The Brilliant Nancy Pelosi:

In a discussion on the impact of money on the election, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said at the Newseum in Washington, D.C. last week that President Barack Obama may be the most famous person in this galaxy.

Really, is there even one elected Democrat woman with two brain cells to rub together?

“Some people say that all that big money didn’t have a big impact on the election,” Pelosi said. “Oh really it did. It didn’t have as much impact because big money countered it. The president of the United States, the most famous person in the world, maybe in the whole galaxy--in a long time--he had to spend like a billion dollars to set the record straight.
“So it isn’t that it didn’t have an impact. It lost because it didn’t have the battle of ideas and leadership,” Pelosi said.

Can YOU figure that out?


***                                BLACK FRIDAY!



***Blessings from Giving

Three young men were once given three kernels of corn apiece by a wise old sage, who admonished them to go out into the world, and use the corn to bring themselves good fortune.
The first young man put his three kernels of corn into a bowl of hot broth and ate them.

The second thought, I can do better than that, and he planted his three kernels of corn. Within a few months, he had three stalks of corn. He took the ears of corn from the stalks, boiled them, and had enough corn for three meals.

The third man said to himself, I can do better than that! He also planted his three kernels of corn, but when his three stalks of corn produced, he stripped one of the stalks and replanted all of the seeds in it, gave the second stalk of corn to a sweet maiden, and ate the third.
His one full stalk’s worth of replanted corn kernels gave him 200 stalks of corn! And the kernels of these he continued to replant, setting aside only a bare minimum to eat. He eventually planted a hundred acres of corn.With his fortune, he not only won the hand of the sweet maiden but purchased the land owned by the sweet maiden’s father. And he never hungered again.

Unfortunately, today the Democrats would take 60% of what the third man produced and give 40% to the first man, and 20% to the second.

***Great ideas for old suitcases!


Why can't I think of stuff like this??

***
The teacher of the earth science class was lecturing on map reading.
After explaining about latitude, longitude, degrees and minutes the teacher asked, “Suppose I asked you to meet me for lunch at 23 degrees, 4 minutes north latitude and 45 degrees, 15 minutes east longitude…?”
After a confused silence, a voice volunteered, “I guess you’d be eating alone.”

***The Cookie Thief

A woman was waiting at an airport one night, with several long hours before her flight. She hunted for a book in the airport shops, bought a bag of cookies and found a place to drop.
She was engrossed in her book but happened to see, that the man sitting beside her, as bold as could be. . .grabbed a cookie or two from the bag in between, which she tried to ignore to avoid a scene.
So she munched the cookies and watched the clock, as the gutsy cookie thief diminished her stock. She was getting more irritated as the minutes ticked by, thinking, “If I wasn’t so nice, I would blacken his eye.”
With each cookie she took, he took one too, when only one was left, she wondered what he would do. With a smile on his face, and a nervous laugh, he took the last cookie and broke it in half.
He offered her half, as he ate the other, she snatched it from him and thought… oooh, brother. This guy has some nerve and he’s also rude, why he didn’t even show any gratitude!
She had never known when she had been so galled, and sighed with relief when her flight was called. She gathered her belongings and headed to the gate, refusing to look back at the thieving ingrate.
She boarded the plane, and sank in her seat, then she sought her book, which was almost complete. As she reached in her baggage, she gasped with surprise, there was her bag of cookies, in front of her eyes.
If mine are here, she moaned in despair, the others were his, and he tried to share. Too late to apologize, she realized with grief, that she was the rude one, the ingrate, the thief.
By Valerie Cox in “A Matter of Perspective”
Submitted by Tom “The Colonel” Parker


***Yup.



***“In closing, let me thank you, the American people, for giving me the great honor of allowing me to serve as your president. When the Lord calls me home, whenever that day may be, I will leave with the greatest love for this country of ours and eternal optimism for its future. I now begin the journey that will lead me into the sunset of my life. I know that for America there will always be a bright dawn ahead” — Ronald Reagan

***Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment