Friday, November 30, 2012

Laughable

***The offer the Obama Administration has made is irresponsible and moronic. Typical for them, really.


House Republicans said on Thursday that Treasury Secretary Timothy F. Geithner presented the House speaker, John A. Boehner, a detailed proposal to avert the year-end fiscal crisis with $1.6 trillion in tax increases over 10 years, an immediate new round of stimulus spending, home mortgage refinancing and a permanent end to Congressional control over statutory borrowing limits.
The proposal, loaded with Democratic priorities and short on detailed spending cuts, was likely to meet strong Republican resistance. In exchange for locking in the $1.6 trillion in added revenues, President Obama embraced $400 billion in savings from Medicare and other entitlements, to be worked out next year, with no guarantees.
He did propose some upfront cuts in programs like farm price supports, but did not specify an amount or any details. And senior Republican aides familiar with the offer said those initial spending cuts might well be outnumbered by upfront spending increases, including at least $50 billion in infrastructure spending, mortgage relief, an extension of unemployment insurance and a deferral of automatic cuts to physician reimbursements under Medicare…

Thank you, clueless Obama voter. No doubt the press will paint the REPUBLICANS as the ones who are blocking progress, ignoring the utter unworkability of what the Democrats are proposing. Sometimes I just want to move to a desert island...

Love this, McConnell "burst into laughter" when Geithner outlined Obama's proposal.

Mitch McConnell, the Senate Republican leader, says he “burst into laughter” Thursday when Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner outlined the administration proposal for averting the fiscal cliff.  He wasn’t trying to embarrass Geithner, McConnell says, only responding candidly to his one-sided plan, explicit on tax increases, vague on spending cuts.

***Media turns blind eye to Democrat campaign finance hypocrisy. I know, I know, knock me over with a feather...

If a campaign finance story is not about David Koch or Sheldon Adelson, do liberals care?
Consider the reaction to Kenneth Vogel’s important report on the winter meeting of the Democracy Alliance, the secretive organization of progressive millionaires and billionaires who finance an extraordinarily byzantine network of liberal foundations and Super PACs that operate with undisclosed “dark money.”
What reaction? Exactly. There wasn’t any.

***Harvard to welcome kinky sex club for students. But don't you DARE try to start a Christian group...

***


***Comfort Zone - Anonymous

I used to have a comfort zone where I knew I wouldn't fail.
The same four walls and busy work were really more like jail.
I longed so much to do the things I'd never done before,
But stayed inside my comfort zone and paced the same old floor.

I said it didn't matter that I wasn't doing much.
I said I didn't care for things like commission checks and such.
I claimed to be so busy with things inside my zone,
But deep inside I longed for something special of my own.

I couldn't let my life go by just watching others win.
I held my breath; I stepped outside and let the change begin.
I took a step and with new strength I'd never felt before,
I kissed my comfort zone goodbye and closed and locked the door.

If you're in a comfort zone, afraid to venture out,
Remember that all winners were at one time filled with doubt.
A step or two and words of praise can make your dreams come true.
Reach for your future with a smile; Success is there for you!


***RUSH: I think Obama is looking for historians to write about the historic transformation of this country. The ultimate shattering of capitalism. That's the legacy he's seeking.

Yup.

***         This makes me dizzy...



***A man should never be ashamed to own he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than he was yesterday.  ~Alexander Pope, in Swift, Miscellanies

***Have a great day!
 
And you thought the only thing they whipped was the SAT.
Harvard students who have bedroom proclivities that would make their parents’ faces go crimson will soon be able to share the details – in a school-sanctioned club for scholars who like kinky sex. An informal group that calls itself “Harvard College Munch” began meeting last year in the dining hall to discuss the sexual ties that bind them, and it is on the brink of gaining recognition from the school's Committee on Student Life.


Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/11/29/harvard-to-welcome-kinky-sex-club-for-students/?test=latestnews#ixzz2Dii9maHM

2 comments:

  1. The transformation:
    Seizing companies if the CEO opposes The One (GM, Chrysler).

    Making the Bible "hate speech" by law.

    Changing the military to homosexual indoctrination.

    Making people dependent on government.

    Telling people to quit investing in the free market for they will be punished.

    The Obama Way.

    ReplyDelete