Friday, November 9, 2012

Insult to Injury

***As if I wasn't having a bad enough week...I haven't been able to eat much of anything for two weeks due to anxiety about the election. I had my protein drink in the morning and maybe a protein bar later in the day, that's about it. I got on the scales this morning thinking at least a loss would give me a pick-me-up...not one single pound. I couldn't possibly be eating more than 1000 calories, and still nothing. I think the Roux-en-Y is great up to a point. I wouldn't have lost 120 lbs. without it. I'm convinced, though, that in some people, and I'm obviously one of them, it practically shuts down your metabolism after the first year or so. I know other people who are having this same problem. There are others, though, that lose too much and then wonder how to put it back on. Why couldn't I have been one of THEM? I'm tempted to ask how could this week get any worse?...but I'm afraid to.

***Sorry to be Debbie Downer this morning. I'll try to do better from here on out.

***Study warns of another recession if "fiscal cliff" not addressed. Ya think? Don't worry, Obama, the media has your back and will blame the Republicans no matter what. Do whatever you want.

***Iran fires at US drone the week before election, not released by the White House until after election. Nothing to see here, move along...Anybody think Obama will like, get really tough with Iran?

***Want some more scary news? If not, don't click on the link.

***          Idiot.



***Virginia store closes for a day to mourn "loss of America."

Virginia's 13 electoral votes went to President Obama for the second straight election, and the proprietor of a store in the south central city of Bedford is not hiding his dismay.
Lyons Jewelers hung up multiple signs on the windows of the shop indicating the shop would not be open for business Wednesday, including one saying the store was closed to "mourn the loss of the America that our forefathers endowed to us," WDBJ reported.
"Lyons will reopen tomorrow to continue the fight against a president who seeks my demise" and "Shame on VA & USA" read two other signs.

***

The Builders

-- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

All are architects of Fate,
Working in these wall of Time;
Some with massive deeds and great,
Some with ornaments of rhyme.

Nothing useless is, or low;
Each thing in its place is best;
And what seems but idle show
Strengthens and supports the rest.

For the structure that we raise,
Time is with materials filled;
Our todays and yesterdays
Are the blocks with which we build.

Truly shape and fashion these;
Leave no yawning gaps between;
Think not, because no man sees,
Such things will remain unseen.

In the elder days of Art,
Builders wrought with greatest care
Each minute and unseen part;
For the gods see everywhere.

Let us do our work as well,
Both the unseen and the seen;
Make the house where gods may dwell
Beautiful, entire, and clean.

Else our lives are incomplete,
Standing in these walls of Time,
Broken stairways, where the feet
Stumble, as they seek to climb.

Build today, then, strong and sure,
With a firm and ample base;
And ascending and secure
Shall tomorrow find its place.

Thus alone can we attain
To those turrets, where the eye
Sees the world as one vast plain,
And one boundless reach of sky.

***


***If you're going through hell, keep going.  ~Winston Churchill

***Have a great day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment