Saturday, October 6, 2012

Saturday!

***Wow, what a week. I didn't set my alarm this morning (woke up at 3:20 a.m. anyway, but made myself lay back down). Finally got up about 5:30. Heck, half the day's gone by then! Felt good, though. I might even do a whole blog rather than fitting it in between clients like I have been for the past week. Mom & I are going yard saling and Amish storing as usual this morning. I want to keep her busy - my aunt passed away yesterday, her sister. She has been very sick for a long time and we have been expecting it, but it's still hard when it happens. She is so stoic - I asked her to come and stay with us last night so she wouldn't be alone, and she said she'd rather stay home. I offered to come and stay with her, and she said there was no need. I would have done it anyway, but I got the distinct feeling that she'd rather I didn't. I'm only 5 minutes away, so I told her to call me if she changed her mind. Both Mom & Dad were never real big on showing their emotions, she probably wanted to cry in private. If there is nothing going on today regarding my aunt (probably not this soon), I'm going to take her to lunch and maybe shopping somewhere this afternoon.

***Joe Biden admits they want to raise taxes:

"On top of the trillions of dollars of spending that we have already cut, we’re gonna ask – yes – we’re gonna ask the wealthy to pay more," said Biden. "My heart breaks, come on man. You know the phrase they always use? Obama and Biden want to raise taxes by a trillion dollars. Guess what? Yes we do in one regard. We want to let that trillion dollar tax cut expire so the middle class doesn’t have to bear the burden of all that money going to the super wealthy. That’s not a tax raise, that’s called fairness where I come from."

What an idiot. If the tax rates expire, EVERYBODY'S taxes go up, including the middle class. But the cheering drones he's speaking to here don't get that. Screw the rich! That's their message, and their clueless followers don't understand that the same policy screws the middle class, too.

Speaking of dumb Obamabots:

I watched Rudy Giuliani on MSNBC after the debate.  And there was some -- they said he was a guy, the host, they said he was a guy.  Coulda' fooled me.  I don't remember the name.  Biggest dunce.  This guy was believing that Rudy Giuliani was getting away with murder.  What this guy's point was, that Rudy Giuliani wanted the tax rate to stay the same because that would equal a big tax cut for the rich. And Rudy said, "I don't understand. The rate is 36%.  If it doesn't change, how is that a tax cut?"  And this kid, who had been totally indoctrinated and programmed by whatever journalism school or whatever school he went to, had no answer for it.  Because in his world, the Bush tax cuts not expiring equals a tax cut for the rich.  It makes no sense whatsoever. 

Very frustrating.

***                    The store was out of bear rugs, so they had to make do...


***Americans losing faith in mainstream media? Well duh.

***M&M loving bees make blue and green honey.

***Manipulating the jobs numbers to distract from disastrous debate performance. Wow, what a surprise.

The biggest one month jump in 29 years. Oh, just a coincidence. Nothing to see here, move along...

***I don't care for Jay Leno, but this was a good line:

Early in his opening monologue, the NBC Tonight Show host said of the stellar television ratings for Wednesday night's debate, "The only person who didn't tune in, I think, was President Obama"

***

***From Moral Stories:

The Handwriting On The Wall
A weary mother returned from the store,
Lugging groceries through the kitchen door.
Awaiting her arrival was her 8 year old son,
Anxious to relate what his younger brother had done.

“While I was out playing and Dad was on a call,
T.J. took his crayons and wrote on the wall!
It’s on the new paper you just hung in the den.
I told him you’d be mad at having to do it again.”

She let out a moan and furrowed her brow,
“Where is your little brother right now?”
She emptied her arms and with a purposeful stride,
She marched to his closet where he had gone to hide.

She called his full name as she entered his room.
He trembled with fear–he knew that meant doom!
For the next ten minutes, she ranted and raved
About the expensive wallpaper and how she had saved.

Lamenting all the work it would take to repair,
She condemned his actions and total lack of care.
The more she scolded, the madder she got,
Then stomped from his room, totally distraught!

She headed for the den to confirm her fears.
When she saw the wall, her eyes flooded with tears.
The message she read pierced her soul with a dart.
It said, “I love Mommy”, surrounded by a heart.

Well, the wallpaper remained, just as she found it,
With an empty picture frame hung to surround it.
A reminder to her, and indeed to all,
Take time to read the handwriting on the wall.









***Vitality shows not only in the ability to persist, but in the ability to start over F. Scott Fitzgerald 

***Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment