Thursday, October 18, 2012

Another Whoosh Post

***Geez, there ain't enough hours in the day!

***I pulled a real boner. As soon as I learned the owner of TracFone and his wife are big Obama donors, hold million dollar fundraisers for him, etc., I decided to change to another no contract plan. I decided on StraightTalk at Wal-Mart. Ordered my free phone, paid my $30.00 for the first month, and it's coming today. When I got the confirmation, at the bottom it said that StraightTalk is a registered trademark of...wait for it...TracFone. They're owned by the same people. Well, I got a refurbished plain 'ol phone and didn't pay anything for it, so when I use up my $30.00 this month, I'm switching to another one. Bet I vet this one a little closer...

***Newsweek is ending its print edition in December. Good riddance. It's a liberal rag.

***The 7-Eleven Presidency - under Obama, for every $7.00 the government brings in, $11 is spent.

In the wake of the Treasury Department’s newly released summary of federal spending for 2012, it’s now possible to detail just how profligate the Obama years have been.  Here’s the upshot:  Under Obama, for every $7 we’ve had, we’ve spent nearly $11 (or, to be more exact, $10.95).  That’s like a family that makes $70,000 a year — and is already knee-deep in debt — blowing nearly $110,000 a year.

***Obama still hasn't called the Libya attack a terrorist act. What a liar.

***                                                   Not.Good.


***
In his beautiful book, "I Shall Not Want," Robert Ketchum tells of a Sunday School teacher who asked her group of children if anyone could quote the entire 23rd Psalm. A golden-haired, four-and-a-half-year-old girl was among those who raised their hands.
A bit skeptical, the teacher asked if she could really quote the entire psalm.
The little girl came to the front of the room, faced the class, made a perky little bow, and said, "The Lord is my shepherd, that's all I want."
She bowed again and went and sat down.
That may well be the greatest interpretation of the 23rd Psalm ever heard.

***


***
Sooner or later we must realize there is no station, no one place to arrive at once and for all. The true joy of life is the trip.
Robert J. Hastings
 
***Have a great day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment