Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Ain't It The Truth?

***

Yet they want a 16% raise and no accountability. 79% of Chicago 8th graders are not grade-proficient in reading, 80% are not in math, and they barely graduate 50% of high school seniors. Yeah, pay them more! I realize it's not entirely the teachers' fault, but some of the blame has to lie there. With tenure, you can't get rid of bad teachers. Most of the blame lies with the teachers' union. They protect bad teachers, and their main goals do not include the education of the children. They are bent on political power. All you have to do is read their resolutions. Check them out here.

***U.S. administration tweets an apology to the Muslims - you know, the ones who stormed the U.S. Embassy and tore down the flag. Yep...another Obama bow:

We condemn the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims—
US Embassy Cairo (@USEmbassyCairo) September 11, 2012

It has now been deleted, after a public outcry. Now Obama is too busy to meet with Netanyahu, the leader of Israel. Oh well, campaigning is far more important than supporting what was once our most powerful ally in the Middle East, right? How can any thinking person vote for this man? This shouldn't even be a race.

***Mitt Romney's first tweet after 9/11: On this most somber day, America is united under God in its quest for peace and freedom at home and across the world.

Barack Obama's first tweet after 9/11: The election is in 8 weeks. Sign up to volunteer:

'nuff said.

***Drive-by Media uses phony polls to concoct false notion of Obama's inevitability. Don't believe 'em.

This CNN poll, like I said, was released yesterday, shows Obama plus six.  But it is so skewed.  In fact, an analysis of this poll was done by a guy named Dean Chambers at the Examiner, and he says that it's doubly skewed.  It massively under-samples independents and over-samples Democrats. 
The CNN Opinion Research Corporation poll reports Obama at 52; Romney at 46.  Unskewed the data reveals a 53 to 45 percent lead for Romney.  If the poll were honest, Romney would be plus eight in the CNN poll.  Not making that up.  This new CNN poll, unlike many other analyzed, not only oversamples the Democrat voters, it massively under-samples independents, which produces a result that's more favorable to Obama.  "This survey's sample includes 397 registered Republicans and 441 registered Democrats. But the survey included a total of 822 registered voters, leaving only 37 independent voters at most."  Thirty-seven independent voters out of 822.  That is a massive under-sampling.  And in those 37, Romney's up 14.  It's stunning.

***

***Oh my gosh...now peanut butter and jelly is racist? Can you believe the idiots we have in positions of power?

An Oregon grade school principal suggested in a newspaper interview that peanut butter and jelly sandwiches might be racially and culturally offensive.
“What about Somali or Hispanic students who might not eat sandwiches?” Verenice Gutierrez told the Portland Tribune.

***Obama skips most intelligence briefings. Well, that explains a lot...

President Barack Obama has missed more than half of his daily intelligence briefings since he came into power, a new report shows.

Obama has been to less than 44 percent of the vital meetings, the White House admits, with his attendance reaching a low spot towards the end of 2011 and the start of this year.

His predecessor, George W, Bush made a point of having the meetings six days a week, and attending as many as possible, the American Enterprise Institute fellow, Marc Thiessen reports in the Washington Post.
 


Many reports about Venus refer to the cat as a "chimera." In mythology, a chimera is a mishmash monster made up of parts of different animals. A feline chimera is a cat whose cells contain two types of DNA, caused when two embryos fuse together.

***

A Child's Ten Commandments to Parents

Posted by Jim_Daly on Sep 10, 2012 4:07:40 AM 
 
1. My hands are small; please don’t expect perfection whenever I make a bed, draw a picture, or throw a ball. My legs are short; please slow down so that I can keep up with you.Cuties!.jpg

2. My eyes have not seen the world as yours have; please let me explore safely: don’t restrict me unnecessarily.

3. Housework will always be there. I’m only little such a short time—please take time to explain things to me about this wonderful world, and do so willingly.

4. My feelings are tender; please be sensitive to my needs; don’t nag me all day long. (You wouldn’t want to be nagged for your inquisitiveness.) Treat me as you would like to be treated.

5. I am a special gift from God; please treasure me as God intended you to do, holding me accountable for my actions, giving me guidelines to live by, and disciplining me in a loving manner.

6. I need your encouragement, but not your praise, to grow. Please go easy on the criticism; remember you can criticize the things I do without criticizing me.

7. Please give me the freedom to make decisions concerning myself. Permit me to fail, so that I can learn from my mistakes. Then someday I’ll be prepared to make the kind of decisions life requires of me.

8. Please don’t do things over for me. Somehow that makes me feel that my efforts didn’t quite measure up to your expectations. I know it’s hard, but please don’t try to compare me with my brother or my sister.

9. Please don’t be afraid to leave for a weekend together.  Kids need vacations from parents, just as parents need vacations from kids. Besides, it’s a great way to show us kids that your marriage is very special.

10. Please take me to Sunday school and church regularly, setting a good example for me to follow. I enjoy learning more about God.


***


***

The Greatest Artist

God is the greatest artist
To whom no one can compare,
Streaking sunsets very beautiful,
Painting rainbows in the air.

Brushing green the hillside scene,
Blotting blue the sky above,
Splashing flowers 'cross the ground beneath,
Shading white clouds with His glove.

Of the wonders God has made
There is none that is so fair
As the smile He paints upon your face
When you realize He's there.

By Udiah

***


***“Sure I wave the American flag. Do you know a better flag to wave? Sure I love my country with all her faults. I’m not ashamed of that, never have been, never will be.” — John Wayne

***Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment