Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Another WHOOSH! Post

***I've been doing drive-by blogging the past couple of days. Today I'm trying to make up for the time lost yesterday.

***Here's a shock: Wisconsin Officials selectively enforcing voting laws.

They will steal what they can't win outright. Never forget that.

***Joe Biden: What.An.Idiot.

Tuesday was a big day for Joe Biden, what with his warning that the GOP stood to put “y’all” in his Danville, Virginia, audience “back in chains.” As I recall, Biden’s Democratic forebears ranged from those who professed not to care whether slavery was extended to the territories to those who believed it was a positive good. Students of history may observe a certain continuity between antebellum Democrats and Joe Biden’s party of unlimited government. As for us, we stand with the Great Emancipator, but never mind.
Let it be noted that during his “chains” oration in Danville, Virginia, Clueless Joe proclaimed that “with you. and I mean this, with you we can win North Carolin again, and if we do, we win the election, if we win you.” You have to love “and I mean this.” It’s the perfect touch to a disgusting performance. Even if he’s a little unclear where he is, the guy oozes sincerity.

If I were Obama I'd lock him away somewhere until after the election. The guy's an imbecile.

Oh, here's another example: Biden says, "We can win North Carolina" while campaigning in Virginia.

***300 lb 12-year-old. Wow. No, I don't think his parents should be arrested. But, I do feel sorry for him. I know what it feels like to be in school and fat. Kids can be so cruel.

***

***Every week, the songs we sang on Sunday morning run through my head. Especially if I've done special music, because I've practiced the darn song so much I can't get it out of my head. Anyway, this week I've been humming "When the Stars Burn Down" by Phillips, Craig, and Dean. I sing tenor and love harmony, and sometimes I think more about that than what I'm singing. Hard to ignore lyrics like this, though:

When the stars burn down and the earth wears out
and we stand before the throne,
With the witnesses who have gone before,
We will rise and all applaud.

Singing, "Blessing and honor and glory and power forever to our God." [2x]

When the hands of time wind fully down
And the earth is rolled up like a scroll,
The trumpets will call and the world will fall to its knees as we go home.

Singing, "Blessing and honor and glory and power forever to our God." [4x]

Star of the morning
Light of salvation
Majesty

God of all mysteries
Lord of the universe
Righteous king
[repeat]

There will come a day, standing face to face, in a moment we'll be like Him.
He will wipe our eyes dry and take us up to His side
And forever we will be His.

Read over those last three lines again. What a wonderful promise!

***


***Home ought to be our clearinghouse, the place from which we go forth lessoned and disciplined, and ready for life.  ~Kathleen Norris

***Have a great day!
 

2 comments:

  1. Almost reminded me of a hilarious one-liner about a vocalist at the Catholic church in the area and a teammate of mine during Summer Chorus II. They said she was an alto before a voice teacher (we shared this teacher in 2003-04) turned her into a soprano!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say let Joe Biden speak all he wants. He's one of the best campaigners the Republicans have :-)

    ReplyDelete