Monday, July 23, 2012

What a Weekend!

***I usually look forward to relaxing a *little* on weekends...sure didn't happen this past weekend! We had a family reunion Saturday for my mom's side of the family. I usually go, but I wasn't planning to this time because I had (have) so much work to do. My sister couldn't go at the last minute, so I took Mom. She's getting to the place where she needs help carrying stuff, etc., and I don't like for her to drive too much, she's not a terribly safe driver. I didn't have time to do it, but she's Mom, y'know? It was a pleasant visit, I'm glad I went with her. We went to see another one of her sisters and my cousin afterward - this aunt is very sick and my cousin is a paraplegic, it's such a sad situation. I don't go and see them often enough. I thought we'd be gone 2-3 hours, but I ended up being gone from about 9:30 until about 3:30 - we had to hit the Amish store first, of course! Oh well, family's family. I did get quite a bit done yesterday.

***Mitt Romney's moment. He needs to have a bunch more of these.

***Newspaper dress.

Fifteen-year-old Jennifer Tran got quite a bit of attention recently when she toured the Newseum in a homemade dress made entirely of copies of The Washington Post and The New York Times.

Love this from an Instapundit reader:

Reader Ric Manhard emails: “I followed your link to the newspaper dress. I’m surprised she wasn’t arrested for indecent exposure since neither the Washington Post nor the NY Times cover anything adequately these days.”



***Ernie Els wins British Open. How sad for Adam Scott!

***World's oldest bra?

***Wealthy hiding $21 trillion in tax havens? Who can blame them?

***


***McCain, Colorado governor: Gun laws are not the answer. Of course not. Won't stop the gun grabbers from exploiting the tragedy though, as we've already seen.

***Cousins find $3 million worth of baseball cards in attic. Wow.

***10 best songs by Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice. What a talented duo.

***


***You can tell more about a person by what he says about others than you can by what others say about him.  ~Leo Aikman

***Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment