Saturday, July 14, 2012

Restoring...

***I'm blogging while Carbonite restores my files to my computer. Boy, am I thankful I had online backup. Got everything hooked back up and so far, so good. This has been an incredibly stressful week - the same week I start a new client, my hard drive crashes. Believe it or not, I got their work to them on time. Suzan and I worked our tails off, but we really kept it in pretty good shape. There was just one client, my remote one from Virginia, that I couldn't do because I didn't have their remote computer information on my laptop. Other than that, though, we kept up pretty well. Going to be a busy weekend, of course, but still. Not too bad. One thing I'm finding out - I sure miss my shortcuts and favorites! Gonna have to restore those first.

***That's the way to do it! Ohio woman turn 90, celebrates with roller coaster ride.

***Mitt Romney says Obama's "felony" remark is "beneath the dignity of the Presidency." Yes, it is, but it's not beneath Obama's dignity. He has none.


Mitt Romney challenged President Obama Friday to "rein in" his campaign team after a senior aide suggested the Republican candidate may have committed a felony in his SEC filings. In an interview with Fox News, Romney called the comment "absurd" and "beneath the dignity of the presidency," and charged that the Obama team is just trying to deflect from all the sour economic news to "save the president's skin."

***
There's A Fly in My Soup?

***I'm also learning blogging on Internet Explorer is a bit different than blogging on Firefox. I haven't downloaded Firefox yet, but I will. I'm just going to let Carbonite do its thing first.

***This is looking more and more like a lynching: Detective in Zimmerman case said he was pressured to file charges.

The lead Sanford Police investigator who sought manslaughter charges against George Zimmerman told the FBI that a sergeant and two other officers tried to pressure him into making an arrest in the controversial case — even though he didn’t think there was enough evidence.


Read the whole thing. It's sickening.

***
Political Cartoons by Glenn McCoy


***Getting ahead in a difficult profession requires avid faith in yourself. That is why some people with mediocre talent, but with great inner drive, go much further than people with vastly superior talent.  ~~ Sophia Loren

***Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment