Sunday, July 15, 2012

Progress

***Well, I have just about everything back - except Outlook Express and Word 2003. I don't like Word 2007. That's what I have now. I do have all of My Documents restored, so that's a big plus. I also still can't get my printer to install. Don't know what's up with that. I'll have to call Hewlett Packard today and get some help, I have to have my printer and scanner. I got a little work done yesterday, but obviously not as much as I would like to have. Gonna be a busy day.

***Inkjet art:





That second one's kinda neat.

***Florida wins voter purge case. I can't believe there was even a question. Well, with this administration, I guess I can.

Florida election officials will have access to a federal database to help purge its voter rolls of non-citizens under an agreement reached between state and federal officials and welcomed on Saturday by Florida's Republican governor.
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security will allow state officials to access the Systematic Alien Verification for Entitlements (SAVE) database.
Florida and federal officials have been battling over access to the database for several weeks. Florida filed a lawsuit against the Homeland Security Department to gain access to the database. The state was hit by a lawsuit from the U.S. Justice Department seeking to stop the purge.


***Tebow, Kardashian, and our worship of idols.

***Josh Whedon: Another Hollywood jerk. Notice how people who are worth a gajillion dollars, earned in America, do their best to tear down the very system which allowed them their wealth?

***Disastrous 'do....oh my, Mrs. Clinton...



***Hank Williams Jr. tunes up...here's a sample of the lyrics in some of the songs on his new album:


Country music kingpin and patriot Hank Williams Jr. continues to sing of his politics, not to mention his vision for America and its citizenry. The man’s got a new album out Tuesday titled “Old School, New Rules,” complete with a few lyrics that go a little something like this:

“Don’t tread on me, political correctness has run its course’,” “Barack, pack your bags, head to Chicago, take your teleprompter with you,” “I got a list of taxes I thought were a joke — inheritance, death, say, any quarters in that coffin?” All are gleaned from Mr. Williams‘ 12 new songs; see the collection here: www.hankjr.com.

He’s still rowdy. Consider a few of those titles: “Takin’ Back The Country”, “I’m Gonna Get Drunk And Play Hank Williams” — a duet with Brad Paisley) — plus “We Don’t Apologize for America” and “Stock Market Blues”.

I can't stand country music, but I might have to buy this one just to support Mr. Williams.

***


***

A Debt to Mother

-- By Bill Ronan
We have a massive debt,
it's one we can't repay
It's a debt that we will carry
to our dying day.
For clothing us when naked
and warming us when cold
For giving us protection
within a loving hold
For teaching us the difference
between what's right and wrong
For soothing out our infant worries
with a softly spoken song
For guiding us through childhood
and opening up our eyes
For leading us to adulthood
with words so often wise
For teaching us with honesty
that we were so unique
For laughing at our silly jokes
and listening when we speak
A debt so large and special
the like there is no other
This debt and so much very more
we owe it to our MOTHER!

***He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from opposition; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach himself.  ~Thomas Paine

***Have a great day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment