Saturday, June 23, 2012

Gonna Be a Wild One!

***This weekend, I mean. I woke up a little before 2:00 a.m....I guess because I have so much to do this weekend I can't sleep! Family reunion here tomorrow, so of course I have a lot to do in the house, plus a ton of transcription. And yes, I'm still going to take a couple of hours this morning with Mom to go to yard sales and the Amish store. Can't give that up!

***Saw this on Facebook, posted by one of my fellow staunch conservatives - love it!



***Jury finds Jerry Sandusky guilty on 45 counts. Wow.

***New Jersey woman files lawsuit against Little Leaguer for hitting her with a baseball. No, it wasn't on purpose. What an idiot. The kid was 11 years old when it happened.

***Real classy guys, er, girls, er...

Gay Activists flip off Reagan portrait.

Jerks.

***Money saving grocery secrets. Who can't use that?

***Nancy Pelosi really is stupid...

CONGRESSMAN GOWDY: I could not believe it when I heard her saying that. Is that all you have to come back with? It's really beneath the office of a member of Congress to say something that outrageous, and the fact that she was once the Speaker is mind-numbing. Honestly -- and I have heard a lot in my sixteen years as a prosecutor. I couldn't believe the words coming out of her mouth. But keep in mind, Greta, this is the same woman who said she could have arrested Karl Rove any day she wanted to. I don't know what was wrong with her yesterday or today or whenever she said that, but I would schedule an appointment with my doctor if she thinks that we're doing this to suppress votes this fall. That is mind-numbingly stupid.

Read the background. It's unbelievable the money we're paying clowns like her.

***


***From A Gift of Inspiration:

The Oyster

There once was an oyster whose story I tell,
who found that some sand had got into his shell.

It was only a grain, but it gave him great pain,
for oysters have feelings although they're so plain.

Now, did he berate the harsh workings of fate
that brought him to such a deplorable state?

Did he curse at the government, cry for election,
and claim that the sea should have given him protection?

No - he said to himself as he lay on a shell,
since I cannot remove it I shall try to improve it.

Now the years have rolled around, as the years always do.
and he came to his ultimate destiny, a stew.

And the small grain of sand that had bothered him so,
was a beautiful pearl all richly aglow.

Now the tale has a moral, for isn't it grand<
what an oyster can do with a morsel of sand?

What couldn't we do if we'd only begin,
with some of the things that get under our skin?

 
Author Unknown


*** 
The Tonight Show with Jay Leno


It was 100 degrees in New York City. It was so hot, you know Solyndra, the solar company? They actually made money.

It was so hot, Attorney General Eric Holder was selling water guns to Mexican drug gangs.

According to federal reports filed yesterday, the Obama campaign spent more money than they raised in the month of May. They spent more money than they raised? Well, that's called being a Democrat.

A House committee is now recommending that Attorney General Eric Holder be cited for contempt of Congress. Now, don't confuse that for what you and I have. That's contempt FOR Congress.



***



***"God moves in a mysterious way His wonders to perform;
he plants his footsteps in the sea, and rides upon the storm."
William Cowper 


***Have a great day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment